Sponsored

PP2 is up on configurator.

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
I just built a $54k Ford Mustang GT. Someone please tell me I'm seeing things lol.
You can get a 42K Focus instead.
Sponsored

'Merica

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Z51 3LT Stingray
You can get a 42K Focus instead.
Haha yeah seriously! These cars are packed with tech, but I would bet in a year and a half it wouldn't be worth high 30s. You'd be crazy not to pick up a used GT350 and enjoy the depreciation as well as it holding value a little better.

EFI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
5.Br0
If I do a base GT with PP1 and magneride, it's 43,685 but if I do the PP2 instead (which already comes with magneride) it's only 44,995 a difference of 810 bux.

Idk if that's a glitch in the calculation, or how it's really supposed to be.

Seems like a no brainer if you're going to get the PP1 + mangeride might as well do the PP2.

Quiksilver15

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ingot Silver GT
For those getting PP2 or wanting PP2, having mine for over a month now and driving 700 miles on it, I'll leave these comments here:
- No regrets buying it, love the car, love the rims (if I was going PP1 with Magneride, PP2 would be worth it for the rims alone).
- Splitter sticks out a bunch, be mindful of where you drive if you plan to daily drive or have a lot of steep grades going in and out of places (pic below of it).
- As others have mentioned, SC2 tires are awesome tires, but awesome when warm, and will do really well on the track. For driving around town or highway, they track the road texture really well, which will give you a work-out if you have some textured roads or ruts in the road, it's the amount of rubber on the ground that makes them grab whatever they can. You'll want to swap tires out for driving around town unless you have pristine roads. They will pick up every drop of sand, pebbles, rocks, and you'll cringe when you hear them hit your car (rock guards would be ideal to add). Tires shouldn't be used below 40F, I think Michelin states to not move it below 20F or they'll crack unless you let them return to 40F or flex them with pressure.
- I've purchased a new set of tires for driving around with, I went with the bridgestone S-04 pole position 305/30/19 all around, traction is great, handles water well on rainy days, handling on textured roads or roads with ruts is excellent unlike SC2. SC2 tires that come on PP2 will hydroplane if there is any standing water, they will do well on wet roads, but not wet roads with a little water depth (it's like driving on ice). I didn't go with the other Michelin options as I have read of tire cracking issues on those in the rare cold days that can happen here (it could be 60 in winter and later the same day 20).
- As others mention, sway bars, springs, wheel liners are all different. I believe even other components on the suspension are different related to the magneride, but not sure if these are same as PP1 with Magneride. I believe the software is tuned different on the PP2 for the magneride, and I recall reading something somewhere or in conversation with ford that there was something else upgraded due to suspension being stiffer (possible bigger knuckles or something else). I tried putting in my VIN, but it doesn't fully bring up all PP2 components, it does more than before, and as others mentioned, it typically has platinum in the description for PP2 parts).

If I had to pick a negative thing so far is that I think they should offer a regular summer tire option versus the SC2 tires. On smooth roads, they grip and hold like a dream and will be awesome at the track, but not something you'll want to drive around town all the time on (plus they'll probably last 2-5k miles). I took mine off at 500 miles and the local dealer asked why I wanted to keep them as they had no tread left (I told them they came with almost no tread).

Again, love my PP2, if I could change 1 thing, I would have put SO-4 Bridgestones, or even the Michelin PS4s or Super Sport tires on it as an option (or standard and make the SC2's the option). Love the square set up.
Please try the 11" wheels on the front of the car when you get a chance. If they do fit nicely, that would be awesome as a square track fitment. One could buy a duplicate set of wheels and tires and use a square 10.5" wheel setup with daily-able tires, then have the 11" set with Sport Cup 2's. :headbang::headbang:

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
If I do a base GT with PP1 and magneride, it's 43,685 but if I do the PP2 instead (which already comes with magneride) it's only 44,995 a difference of 810 bux.

Seems like a no brainer if you're going to get the PP1 + mangeride might as well do the PP2.

That was my thought exactly. And, $810 is MSRP, so actual cost will be less than that. I'm getting Recaro seats, a better looking spoiler IMO (not really a fan of the regular GT spoiler), and some badass looking wheels for probably $750. Sure seems like an easy decision to me.

Sponsored

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
That was my thought exactly. And, $810 is MSRP, so actual cost will be less than that. I'm getting Recaro seats, a better looking spoiler IMO (not really a fan of the regular GT spoiler), and some badass looking wheels for probably $750. Sure seems like an easy decision to me.

The spoilers and wheels as such are not the "main" it is that you get chassi/suspension upgrades that might be difficult to get in the aftermarket with maintained warranty. The spoilers and wheels can be changed rather easily and are the icing on the cake. I am interested in the re-mapped magneride and quicker steering setup, and on top of that the updated sway bars, springs and potentially the dampers over the regular PP1. Is it correct that the front rotors are changed as well?

For the extra money they are throwing in a lot of extras

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
The spoilers and wheels as such are not the "main" it is that you get chassi/suspension upgrades that might be difficult to get in the aftermarket with maintained warranty. The spoilers and wheels can be changed rather easily and are the icing on the cake. I am interested in the re-mapped magneride and quicker steering setup, and on top of that the updated sway bars, springs and potentially the dampers over the regular PP1. Is it correct that the front rotors are changed as well?

For the extra money they are throwing in a lot of extras
Rotors are the same from everything I've seen. I'm also interested in what the "re-tuned magneride" means and what it means by quicker steering. Everything else for the most part is GT350 parts on a GT.

Nanashii

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang

I'd also add ~$1200 for street tires to the equation which you can partially offset if you don't need the Cup 2s and manage to sells them as take-offs. Still, even at a$2k premium, the base PP2 with cloth Recaros is a no brainer over the PP1 (unless you want the A10) IMO.

Silver Bullitt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Coupe PP2
The "No coolers" is a no go for track rats and leads most to figure it out themselves. I have the S0-4 pole position tires on my pony and really like them. My size 255/45/18 were $195 a tire. They rated 2nd behind the Michelin in 2015-16 testing. I found Firehawk Indy 500's for $130 for the front but had to purchase 255/40/18 and they look small even after I lowered my pony on progressive springs. I enjoy building these ponies so PP2 isn't such a big deal to me, I do like the forged "lighter" wheels.

While I don't really have aspirations of tracking this car on a regular basis, I do find it a little ironic that you would try and set up the car for tracking (as with the PP2 option), and then put a disclaimer tucked away in the owners manual that aftermarket coolers are recommended if you plan to track the car.

Mazman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PP1 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Rotors are the same from everything I've seen. I'm also interested in what the "re-tuned magneride" means and what it means by quicker steering. Everything else for the most part is GT350 parts on a GT.
My guess it has similar magneride mapping to whatever the GT350 has as the springs seem to be the Ford performance springs for the GT350?

Sponsored

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
I just built a $54k Ford Mustang GT. Someone please tell me I'm seeing things lol.
Used C7 Corvettes, 2-3 yrs old, list around 50k.

[lockedintheirmentalbox] "But that's a totally different car!!11!!!" [/lockedintheirmentalbox]

It would be stupid NOT to compare the two sports cars. My rental experience with both shows they are both livable daily drivers.

So I'm very conflicted now on which to get as my second car; 2019 GT PP2, C7, or a unicorn 350 that falls into the same price range.

_

Zcobra1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bert
Vehicle(s)
GT350, Ferrari 360, Viper GTS, C6-Z06, 70'Trans Am
Search Corvette Forum, NEW C7's are discounted to around that $54K, and well equipped Z51 are only a little more, 20-25% off msrp on new 2017 can be had....

bootlegger

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Ex 2008 Mustang GT Owner
Used C7 Corvettes, 2-3 yrs old, list around 50k.

[lockedintheirmentalbox] "But that's a totally different car!!11!!!" [/lockedintheirmentalbox]

It would be stupid NOT to compare the two sports cars. My rental experience with both shows they are both livable daily drivers.

So I'm very conflicted now on which to get as my second car; 2019 GT PP2, C7, or a unicorn 350 that falls into the same price range.

_
Or just get the non-premium PP2 for $43-44k before discounts.

danpass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
Focus ST Triple Yellow
Or just get the non-premium PP2 for $43-44k before discounts.
Here in Miami, FL those climate controlled seats turned out to be pretty useful for leather :D

UAmach1

Bullitt Hopefull
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford/INFINITI
With X-Plan the following is 47,652 with the Presidents Day $750 bonus.
Triple Yellow(price parkup)
PP2
401A
Active Exhaust
Shaker audio

If I remove the "extras" a premium/401a/PP2 car is under $45.5 right now. A BASE with PP2 is under 42K with x-plan.

That's not to bad when a used 17-18 GT350 is about 56-59K. Yes it has coolers on it, but you're still saving a lot. A decent 2016 GT350 is even 48-53K if looking at Certified.
Sponsored