Sponsored

2024 Ford Mustang configurator is up, your thoughts?

TeeLew

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
Honda Odyssey, Toyota Tacoma, 89 GT project, 2020 Magnetic EB HPP w/ 6M
It's only a legitimate gripe if you have no knowledge of the world economy. Did you see my post about the average price of a car in 2023? $50,000 is the number. What was the number in 2015? There's the difference. This isn't about the Mustang or Ford. It's the entire industry. Actually all industries. Everything gone nuts since 2020 and its going to take a while to get back to what we thought was normal.

As far as Ford and their option packages, nothing has really much changed. A PP is available on a base car so there is that. Option packages are what they are. Ever try and price options on a Porsche or BMW?
Do not attempt to talk down to me.
Sponsored

Dave2013M3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Ford Mustang GT Base PP1 6MT Rapid Red
That's inflation.

Oddly, the Performance Pack is cheaper, I think the Active Exhaust is cheaper.....there are a few things they've cut in price.

I agree, I don't feel it's padded profit. The PP is more in line what it was before 2020 with inflation factored in. Still doesn't change the equation considering buying a new car though, not for me anyway. A lot of my equation is how the used car market looks like in a few years.

KingKona

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Shlomo
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
23-24 was 8%

From a strictly currency basis, these percentages reveal the OUTRIGHT THEFT from the common man that is inflation. If the people were wise to that there would be fewer buildings polluting the DC skyline.
Yep. It's inflation.

Cory S

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Cory
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium
If people thought smartly for just 6 months and stopped buying new cars that most don’t even NEED, prices would all start dropping. The economy thrives and uses people’s stupid financial decisions in this country of over spending and greed.

My 2016 GT is almost paid for. My 2017 Corolla is almost paid for.
$513/month COMBINED…..
$821/YEAR to insure them both.
I’m ahead and loving it.

Sponsored

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Everything gone nuts since 2020 and its going to take a while to get back to what we thought was normal.
Incorrect I'm afraid. No going back. The heads of the industry are on interview stating the exact opposite.

Bulldog9

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2020 Bullitt, 2017 Tundra TRDPRO, 1976 Porsche 912
Incorrect I'm afraid. No going back. The heads of the industry are on interview stating the exact opposite.
Agreed, though I'm not sure how we can continue to sustain the ridiculous prices for some items. There are decent deals out there on even new cars, but anything Luxury or high performance is in the stratosphere and going to stay there.

22MAVXLT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'22 Mustang GT
While I am not a fan...yet, I will say I can understand the price increases. EVERYTHING around the world has increased, everything. This is a car I am going to have to see in person for a while before I might even consider it. But, I do LOVE the fact that FORD is keeping a rear drive, manual V8 car alive! Look at everybody else, they have killed all of their V8 cars and made manuals obsolete. I do not like the big screens or any of that stuff, but it is a sign of the times I guess. I prefer gauges and needles and simplistic stuff. But in time I might fall in love with this thing, we will see.

OldPhart

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
‘05 GMC P/U, ‘17 Impala, 19 Bullitt
Folks, get real. Nobody likes price increases, but that’s just a fact of life. From a gallon of milk delivered to your door for pocket change or a new ‘60s GTO for $3G to modern day costs is just life. I’m not making light of some people’s situations where resources are tight and inflation is outpacing income increases or retired folks struggling on a relatively fixed income. Sometimes it’s good to to have a well thought out budget and periodically evaluate how your money is spent. Just cutting the cord with your TV cable subscription is a significant savings. Things weren’t that different when I was working stiff. I couldn’t have the cars I wanted and often settled for used family style cars while saving for modest family vacations. Luckily over the years those invested savings have made me pretty comfortable in retirement. Pensions are a dinosaur to most of us who don’t work for the government, so the sooner you get a good savings and investment plan, the better off you will be in the latter years. Don’t get too hung up on “Gotta have the best immediately”. Since retirement I’ve been able to cash purchase a low mileage used Corvette, a #2 condition mid ‘60s GTO and the ‘19 Bullitt I now enjoy. No regrets about waiting because now I don’t have to worry about how I will make the car payments if I lose my job - there ain’t no job which means I can enjoy my car all day every weekday and weekend. Yeah, I’m old now but having fun. Happy travels… Bruce
8AA9B2EB-2FEA-4B68-AD4F-12B570F6CB35.jpeg
97604816-0DC0-472C-A402-181C5EEF020E.jpeg

Lgb0250

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Larry
Vehicle(s)
22 Mustang GT Premium, 22 Lexus 450h Luxury
Folks, get real. Nobody likes price increases, but that’s just a fact of life. From a gallon of milk delivered to your door for pocket change or a new ‘60s GTO for $3G to modern day costs is just life. I’m not making light of some people’s situations where resources are tight and inflation is outpacing income increases or retired folks struggling on a relatively fixed income. Sometimes it’s good to to have a well thought out budget and periodically evaluate how your money is spent. Just cutting the cord with your TV cable subscription is a significant savings. Things weren’t that different when I was working stiff. I couldn’t have the cars I wanted and often settled for used family style cars while saving for modest family vacations. Luckily over the years those invested savings have made me pretty comfortable in retirement. Pensions are a dinosaur to most of us who don’t work for the government, so the sooner you get a good savings and investment plan, the better off you will be in the latter years. Don’t get too hung up on “Gotta have the best immediately”. Since retirement I’ve been able to cash purchase a low mileage used Corvette, a #2 condition mid ‘60s GTO and the ‘19 Bullitt I now enjoy. No regrets about waiting because now I don’t have to worry about how I will make the car payments if I lose my job - there ain’t no job which means I can enjoy my car all day every weekday and weekend. Yeah, I’m old now but having fun. Happy travels… Bruce
8AA9B2EB-2FEA-4B68-AD4F-12B570F6CB35.jpeg
97604816-0DC0-472C-A402-181C5EEF020E.jpeg
There are advantages to being an old phart.

Sponsored

R3G

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ram 1500 TRX, 2020 Shelby GT350
Things cost more now then in the past....WOW i can NOT believe it...that said

I just built a car similarly equipped to my 1991 GT and would you LOOK at the price increase....sorry Ford im out.
I call BS, where’s the option for the cassette deck and the 4.6L V8 making 249HP?

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Built a Dark Horse Premium with only one option, handling package, MSRP of $67,960. Figure that is pretty comparable to my 2020 GT PP2 which had a MSRP of $52,665. (That I ended up getting for invoice end of summer 2020.) I noticed that the Dark Horse models say "Limited availability", so that tells me dealers will be adding markups to them also. Guess I will be keeping my PP2, don't think a Dark Horse is $15k better.

Doug
15K markup for basically the same car after just 4 years is ridiculous.

I too have a '19 GT PP2. It was a hell of a bargain then and now.

I seriously doubt I will be able to afford a Mustang in my future so I will continue to baby mine.

noGreta!

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Lexus IS350 F Sport
Moneybags pencil-pushers in this thread are missing the point. The Mustang isn't simply priced too high - it is priced too high proportionally and demographically to its traditional target audience's income and borrowing ability.

This isn't your blue collar hero that could trounce the competition in a straight line at half the price anymore. It is turning into an upper middle class, retiree car like the Corvette. It is now placed in a price margin where far better made cars are available. The only saving grace? It is offered with a manual transmission.

Last edited:

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
Oh, there is one thing I like better about my PP2 than the Dark Horse or Mach 1 - it only came in a manual.

enough said.

Frank