PP2 Ford Performance Tune

Cobrakit

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ken
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PREMIUM PP1
I used same procedures, but here is what i actually did. Been, i got one of first kits.

Once you register using voucher/vin and download sw to your laptop, you then connect to procal to get it ready. Then take procal only to car. Put battery on charger and download factory tune to procal. Take procal and plug back into laptop and web to upload your factory tune to ford to store in case you may need in future. Then it will allow you to download new tune to procal. Take procal to car and upload new tune to car. Procal will allow some user parameter changes.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I finally pulled the trigger on this tune and it has awoken my PP2 and turned it into an angry beast. The engine breaths and opens up with crisp throttle response and the acceleration is beyond what I expected. I did this mainly for the track but it is very civil on the street, until you get into it. The Ford engineers have done a masterful job on this design and I believe there is really an added 42 lbs of torque at 2000 rpm, at least from my butt dyno. For me, this is exactly what I need for the track and if any of you are looking for something like this, take a hard look at this system. Ford Performance has great access to engineers for help and advice and this even comes with a Ford warranty, all for a very reasonable price.

PP2 Tuning.jpg

PP2 Tune 2.jpg
I installed this on my 2019 PP yesterday, and everything you said is true. It runs the way it should have from the factory. I am extremely pleased. Just wondering why you didn't put the engine cover back on.

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I installed this on my 2019 PP yesterday, and everything you said is true. It runs the way it should have from the factory. I am extremely pleased. Just wondering why you didn't put the engine cover back on.
It is on, the picture was before it was all finished. There was a break from the rain yesterday and I went for a quick drive on the dry roads. I took a very familiar corner, a right handed and I pushed the throttle just a little quicker in second gear and the rear end broke free and she did the predictable drift out left, I lifted for a partial second and she came back into line. Without the tune, this never happened before on that corner. That is probably why Ford didn’t do it from the factory, too many inexperienced drivers would lose it. I have four track days booked through June including an advanced race course in a 1LE, I can’t wait to relearn this car at the track with the tune. Enjoy.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
It is on, the picture was before it was all finished.
I had to remove my strut tower brace to get the engine cover off. I must be doing something wrong.

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
What is the typical dealership cost for this install? Or are you guys taking your cars to a local shop with a certified mechanic? I'd like to do it myself but I like the idea of the warranty. When does the warranty start with this tune/package?

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
What is the typical dealership cost for this install? Or are you guys taking your cars to a local shop with a certified mechanic? I'd like to do it myself but I like the idea of the warranty. When does the warranty start with this tune/package?
I had my dealership do it and I think it was 3.5 hours.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
Warranty starts from purchase date of the vehicle.

Sponsored

Crowd Hunter

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
$hitbox
I had my dealership do it and I think it was 3.5 hours.
Yeah, it's crazy that a dealer wants $300 to $400 for the install. It took me less than an 90 minutes to do the install including about 25 minutes for the tune.

The hardest part was putting the rubber plug in the firewall after removing the sound symposer. I came up with an simple way to get the plug into the firewall. I took an old wooden dowel rod, rounded the end of it, and rolled up a piece if duct tape, stuck the rubber plug on the end of the stick, and poked it right into the hole in the firewall.

Another thing I found was that the stock airbox had a rigid inlet, while the new airbox has a rubber edge on the inlet. I had to remove the plastic radiator cover and the top radiator support and straighten out the inlet connection behind the grill because that rubber edge was folded over.

I've had my car for a year, and I have 616 miles on it now. The warranty really didn't mean much to me. The chances of me having a problem in the first three years is pretty slim, and if something does go wrong, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

20210221_172001.jpg

Ecoboosted

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18' Mustang GT, 19' Road Glide
Yeah, it's crazy that a dealer wants $300 to $400 for the install. It took me less than an 90 minutes to do the install including about 25 minutes for the tune.

The hardest part was putting the rubber plug in the firewall after removing the sound symposer. I came up with an simple way to get the plug into the firewall. I took an old wooden dowel rod, rounded the end of it, and rolled up a piece if duct tape, stuck the rubber plug on the end of the stick, and poked it right into the hole in the firewall.

Another thing I found was that the stock airbox had a rigid inlet, while the new airbox has a rubber edge on the inlet. I had to remove the plastic radiator cover and the top radiator support and straighten out the inlet connection behind the grill because that rubber edge was folded over.

I've had my car for a year, and I have 616 miles on it now. The warranty really didn't mean much to me. The chances of me having a problem in the first three years is pretty slim, and if something does go wrong, I'll cross that bridge when I get to it.

20210221_172001.jpg
I installed mine today by myself. Dealer quoted me $500 for the install. I laughed out loud and told them to forget it and walked out. It took me about 90 mins also.

The time consuming part was waiting for the stock files to download into the Pro Cal and the performance files from the Pro Cal to the car.

Getting rid of the sound tube was easy. I just pulled on it and it came off pretty easy. Took the supplied plug in my left hand and felt for the open hole in the fire wall and it pushed in without any trouble.

My 15’ GT M6 had the PP2 kit and after the install the exhaust was a little louder on start up and a little bit raspier.

my 18’ GT exhaust sounds the same as before the install. Not any louder or raspier.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

20210221_172001.jpg
Well done. Love that color

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)

20210221_172001.jpg
Taking the cabin sound plumbing out is a good move, it is way more open on that side of the engine.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone installed a front tow hook? This is something I am going to need. Brand and ease of installation?
Sponsored