PP2 Ford Performance Tune

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP 2, 2004 Porsche Boxster S
I finally pulled the trigger on this tune and it has awoken my PP2 and turned it into an angry beast. The engine breaths and opens up with crisp throttle response and the acceleration is beyond what I expected. I did this mainly for the track but it is very civil on the street, until you get into it. The Ford engineers have done a masterful job on this design and I believe there is really an added 42 lbs of torque at 2000 rpm, at least from my butt dyno. For me, this is exactly what I need for the track and if any of you are looking for something like this, take a hard look at this system. Ford Performance has great access to engineers for help and advice and this even comes with a Ford warranty, all for a very reasonable price.

PP2 Tuning.jpg

PP2 Tune 2.jpg
Sponsored

ice445

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6MT
Do you have a manual car? I've heard this tune is awesome for manual cars because it fills in a lot of the gaps that the auto dances around to begin with.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
Do you have a manual car? I've heard this tune is awesome for manual cars because it fills in a lot of the gaps that the auto dances around to begin with.
Yes, I have the manual in the PP2. As good as this car is stock, this has really improved everything.

kiksbutt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm curious about this. How are your IATs? Is it just the throttle response or did it help with sluggishness? How different is in in Normal vs. Track mode? Do share.

Smunczen

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2020 mustang gt pp2
I added the kit to my 20 pp2 also now the power matches the handling. Very pleased with it.

Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
I finally pulled the trigger on this tune and it has awoken my PP2 and turned it into an angry beast. The engine breaths and opens up with crisp throttle response and the acceleration is beyond what I expected. I did this mainly for the track but it is very civil on the street, until you get into it. The Ford engineers have done a masterful job on this design and I believe there is really an added 42 lbs of torque at 2000 rpm, at least from my butt dyno. For me, this is exactly what I need for the track and if any of you are looking for something like this, take a hard look at this system. Ford Performance has great access to engineers for help and advice and this even comes with a Ford warranty, all for a very reasonable price.

PP2 Tuning.jpg

PP2 Tune 2.jpg
What model year do you have? Sorry if this is obvious to others!

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
I'm curious about this. How are your IATs? Is it just the throttle response or did it help with sluggishness? How different is in in Normal vs. Track mode? Do share.
There is a long thread about this tune elsewhere with multiple pages - try to find it. It has more low end torque - which for me was easily noticeable, especially with tall gearing and PP1 stock rear tire. Modes itself are unaffected by it.

IAT stay about 5-6 degrees above ambient unless you stop, then they soar. Literally.

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
Sluggishness ? I don't think so, you aren't talking about a PP2.

OP
OP
Porsche Dude

Porsche Dude

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
In sport mode, it is a monster. I will have to wait to get to the track to try the track only mode. I can’t wait. There is no sluggishness whatsoever in normal driving, it is like a big cat waiting to pounce.

Sponsored

cactus_kid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
'21 GT (see sig)
PP2 only came as a manual.
Op was referring to the Ford Performance PP2 comes with a CAI, FP tuner and a new throttle body.
The factory PP2 is what comes with the manual transmission, larger brakes, etc.

Risto2G

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium PP2, Recaro, B&O K7 GSXR750
I had this installed about 2 weeks ago on my PP2 as well. The power difference isn't too drastic, but all the changes from the calibration make it worth it to me. It just feels like the car was improved a little bit all across the board. Smoother shifts with lessened lockout, peppier in the low end rpm range, and throttle response more sensitive. Could you do more with non-Ford aftermarket tunes? Yes. But most reasons to get this is with the warranty conscious in mind. Plus, I think Ford Performance adjusts more than just the HP/torque, like tweaking the transmissions and other nuances. But that's just conjecture on my part.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
or did it help with sluggishness?
he probably means unwillingness to rev. The stock map blows. I didn't install this but had Unleashed do a map and it brightened up the motor and it's willingness to rev very noticeably. And most importantly no more GD rev hang. Geezus Ford, where did your ijets go to EFI school?

Last edited:

kz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs & F150
In sport mode, it is a monster. I will have to wait to get to the track to try the track only mode. I can’t wait. There is no sluggishness whatsoever in normal driving, it is like a big cat waiting to pounce.
You most definitely do not need to get to the track to try the Track mode - unless you really believe the Track mode being track only...
Sponsored