PP2 Ford Performance Tune

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
I had this installed about 2 weeks ago on my PP2 as well. The power difference isn't too drastic, but all the changes from the calibration make it worth it to me. It just feels like the car was improved a little bit all across the board. Smoother shifts with lessened lockout, peppier in the low end rpm range, and throttle response more sensitive. Could you do more with non-Ford aftermarket tunes? Yes. But most reasons to get this is with the warranty conscious in mind. Plus, I think Ford Performance adjusts more than just the HP/torque, like tweaking the transmissions and other nuances. But that's just conjecture on my part.
in a PP2, there is only a manual transmission (no automatic option) and there is no computer involvement for the code to improve.
Sponsored

MNstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP1
Op was referring to the Ford Performance PP2 comes with a CAI, FP tuner and a new throttle body.
The factory PP2 is what comes with the manual transmission, larger brakes, etc.
I'm assuming this tune would work on a PP1 with an A10 - or is it specific to the PP2 with the manual trans? I like the idea of a tune that wouldn't affect the warranty...

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
there is a FordPerformance tune package that includes updates to the Magneride firmware (all PP2 come with MR) and I believe one without. An open to the engine-bay 'cai' seems like a really dumb idea to me when there are plenty of closed lid intakes that don't show the defect. If you have a MR car it seems the revised MR tuning is very much a desirable thing.

ihc95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GTPP A10 401A
in a PP2, there is only a manual transmission (no automatic option) and there is no computer involvement for the code to improve.
I believe the FP tune adjusts "rev hang" during shifts on a 6MT so that is probably what he is talking about.

I'm assuming this tune would work on a PP1 with an A10 - or is it specific to the PP2 with the manual trans? I like the idea of a tune that wouldn't affect the warranty...
This is available on an A10 as well. I'm considering it for the revised A10 tuning because the stock calibration is a bit sloppy as we know.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I also recently got this, and it's winter in Cleveland so I haven't gotten to open it up much but I can say I 100% love it already. This is a huge improvement for my manual 2020 for the change to the rev hang alone.

The extra torque down low is probably my 2nd favorite thing. In sport mode it feels so much more ready to go now. (unfortunately I mostly drive in snow/wet mode right now)

The third best thing is knowing Ford made it and feeling better about that for a car I plan to keep for quite a while. I don't think I will ever do another tune / change from this one, this is exactly what I wanted out of my Mustang after 2 years of driving them stock.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
What are the advertised gains from this package? Sounds like something I need!
It's about 20hp and 20torque roughly, but that doesn't tell the whole story.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
The reason for so much confusion, the Performance package options: PP1 and PP2 are options for the mustang car. The Ford Performance Power Packs 1, 2, 3 all have what letters for initials? And then, a simple google search brings this up: TESTED: Ford Mustang GT Power Packs 1-3 - Page 10 of 10 - MotoIQ . As well as searching here in the forums.

Fly2High

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Frank
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
The reason for so much confusion, the Performance package options: PP1 and PP2 are options for the mustang car. The Ford Performance Power Packs 1, 2, 3 all have what letters for initials? And then, a simple google search brings this up: TESTED: Ford Mustang GT Power Packs 1-3 - Page 10 of 10 - MotoIQ . As well as searching here in the forums.
THAT'S IT. Every time I see PP2, and since I own one, I immediately think they are talking about a Performance Package 2 Mustang.

I was under the impression they made a drivetrain package just for the Performance Package 2 cars based on the title of the thread.

So many threads talk about the performance package that I just assumed it was that in conjunction with the Power Pack. Not the Power Pack 2. So I tend to only use PP* only referring to the Performance Package.

Sorry guys for stirring the pot for my misunderstanding.

Maybe they should have called it Drivetrain Package 1,2,3 or Engine Package or something to be different. So should we always refer to PowP and PerfP instead? guess we are stuck with it.

my apologies

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
Maybe they should have called it Drivetrain Package 1,2,3 or Engine Package or something to be different. So should we always refer to PowP and PerfP instead? guess we are stuck with it.

my apologies
I kinda like Ford Performance Go-Juice 1, 2, 3... that's just me liking that tho...

Sponsored

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
colors would be cleaner, less confusing. You know Power Rangers, Power Puff Girls, etc.

gadgtfreek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2021 GT Premium Shadow Black 10spd Auto
I imagine that low end 42 ftlb torque boost is nice. Ive looked at this kit as well.

How is the Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool ? Can you pick a few gauges to see and mount it like an nGauge or other device?

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
I imagine that low end 42 ftlb torque boost is nice. Ive looked at this kit as well.

How is the Pro Cal 4 calibration delivery tool ? Can you pick a few gauges to see and mount it like an nGauge or other device?
It's a windows application and a usb connection. It's fairly straight forward, click and go.

VisceralSyn

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT