PP021 Chassis # - 2021 Mach 1

Adamryi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Hey guys, new member here. Excited to be a part of the mustang6g family.

Purchased a 2021 Mach 1 6MT non HP and noticed the chassis # was a bit different than the other ones listed in the registry thread.

The chassis # is PP021. From my research, this means it was a Pilot Production or Production prove-out car. I've heard a wide variety of things such as excecs/vps usually own these cars, etc.

I would like to learn more about the chassis # and if anyone has more information about it, that would be greatly appreciated. Curious to see if these are special in any way or perhaps if there is any value add compared to a mass production chassis #.

Thanks in advance!

IMG-5707.jpg

IMG-5706.jpg
Sponsored

Rael

Grateful Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1
Welcome Adam!
I have no idea about the answer to your question, but it is very interesting. I love this forum because there are many here who do know the answer, and I can tag along to find out myself.
Best of luck.

derklink

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mach 1
Hi, welcome, and congrats on the best manual Mustang currently available!
I think it is a non-serialized car used to test the build process at the plant. Iā€™m sure there are folks here that know more.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Hey guys, new member here. Excited to be a part of the mustang6g family.

Purchased a 2021 Mach 1 6MT non HP and noticed the chassis # was a bit different than the other ones listed in the registry thread.

The chassis # is PP021. From my research, this means it was a Pilot Production or Production prove-out car. I've heard a wide variety of things such as excecs/vps usually own these cars, etc.

I would like to learn more about the chassis # and if anyone has more information about it, that would be greatly appreciated. Curious to see if these are special in any way or perhaps if there is any value add compared to a mass production chassis #.

Thanks in advance!

IMG-5707.jpg

IMG-5706.jpg
@PP0001 is the absolute best source and most knowledgeable M6G member who can offer PP info. Heā€™s extremely helpful regarding these special vehicles. Search his posts if you have some time, heā€™s posted a lot on this site regarding the production info for S550ā€™s.

Sponsored

OP
OP

Adamryi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adam
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Thanks for the replies guys! Really appreciate it.

Ordered a set of Mach 1 HP wheels with 285/35/19 fronts and 325/30/19 rears. Should be here sometime this week. Will post a picture once installed!

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
That s a nice build too IMO.
almost what I ordered. minus the Recaro s.
Pictures please.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
Check out this thread. Jim Owens explains what the PP means in the video.
I find it very odd after watching the video and listening to him explain the different vehicles that the PP cars he mentioned wouldn't ever be sold to the general public šŸ¤”

cerbomark

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 Mach1 700, 6 Spd.#5558
I find it very odd after watching the video and listening to him explain the different vehicles that the PP cars he mentioned wouldn't ever be sold to the general public šŸ¤”
I wondered about that too and thought I must have misunderstood. he mentions P,MP,MM. I only listened once.

Vertex

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Devan
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 FJG HP
I wondered about that too and thought I must have misunderstood. he mentions P,MP,MM. I only listened once.
I only listened one time as well, but it definitely sounded like they were not for sale to the general public or at least maybe not sent to a dealer to sell. I specifically heard him say that the one they had there was a PP and that's why they weren't showing any of the interior either or under the hood.

Sponsored

ajsfirehawk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2023 EG M6 Mach 1 ordered. 12/1; Received 2/3
Any chance you pulled a Carfax? I'd be fascinated to see what it said. If it was an Execs car, great. If it was a test mule....šŸ‘€

Last edited:

TonyNJ

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.instagram.com
First Name
Tony
Vehicle(s)
22 GT500HE Black Stripes, 20 GT350HE, 16 GT350R Ba
Order the original window sticker from Ford Show Parts. It will display the "Sold to" info. The window sticker you have posted isn't the original. It may have been a Ford Corporate car.

RagmopInKona

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang HHP
Order the original window sticker from Ford Show Parts. It will display the "Sold to" info. The window sticker you have posted isn't the original. It may have been a Ford Corporate car.
What is this ford show parts?

BlkMach10510

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mach 1
Doing some layman research with the vin: it has had three owners. everything else I could find free is just the basics; mach 1 and such.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT