Potential Voodoo Engine Swap

OP
OP

gdillon556

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
67 fastback
If you are truly looking for a Voodoo swap, the cam shafts should be a lower priority and leave little for improvement other than a full out race car. I am fairly certain that I Read the specs put the stock camshaft lift in the .610 - .620" range. When I return from this trip I am on, I'll look that up to verify.
I'm not necessarily worrying about upgrading cams. I'm worried about getting any cam at all, whether it's stock or not. I found a company that sells the short block with a brand new fpc but you need cams to accommodate the cranks special firing order. Id be very happy with stock cams, but where can I get them. I don't think I can.
Sponsored

gearhead2685

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang
I don't think that it was for that reason, but rather from a durability standpoint, but they did also say the 350 would be the only car to have the FPC so...

Can you explain then how the CPC version makes more power then? We seem to have already come to the conclusion that the cams are maxed as is, what else can be done to aid in power considering the only changes that I'm aware of is the crank? CPC cannot flow as much as a FPC considering the engine in question remains the same otherwise. Genuinely curious as to how else they would have improved the aluminator for it to make more power, or if it simply has more aggressive components that I'm not aware of that don't have to fit within their durability testing and standards?
5.2 Aluminator is higher compression and CJ intake manifold too.

Hack

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang, Camaro
Can you explain then how the CPC version makes more power then? We seem to have already come to the conclusion that the cams are maxed as is, what else can be done to aid in power considering the only changes that I'm aware of is the crank? CPC cannot flow as much as a FPC considering the engine in question remains the same otherwise. Genuinely curious as to how else they would have improved the aluminator for it to make more power, or if it simply has more aggressive components that I'm not aware of that don't have to fit within their durability testing and standards?
If you don't have to meet emissions you can have more cam overlap and potentially longer duration.
Sponsored