Sponsored

Post spring installation alignment question.

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs and I'm wondering if I need to get some camber bolts to correct the front camber. According to Eibach, alignment specs should be:

PRO-KIT Camber = -1.0 deg
PRO-KIT Caster = 7.5 deg
PRO-KIT Toe = 0.2 deg

Let me know what you think. Thank you.
IMG_1122.jpg
Sponsored

Roadway 5.0

Strassejager
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2016GT PP 6MT
Vehicle Showcase
Yep, camber looks great. I’d leave it alone. Toe on the rears for sure need to come in a bit and the front (personal preference) need to come in a bit as well (.06 per side or so).

NightmareMoon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Agreed, your camber basically fine. -1.4 is very street friendly. Yes, like BlueMustang says, a little more toe in would be recommended for safe predictable handling. 0.2-0.3 total toe IN or 0.1-0.15 per side.

Your front toe is ever so slightly toe out, (so the car may be a little light in the steering wheel and quick to turn), but not a big deal. Some people like that. If you want a relaxed self-centering highway drive with a heavier on-center feel you could go slightly toe in. Zero front toe is the factory spec and also the best for tire wear.

OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Do I need to buy rear toe link adjustments in order to get the toe dialed in? I already got an alignment and this was the best they could do. If so, is there any cheaper alternatives? I think they are around $250 for a pair.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Do I need to buy rear toe link adjustments in order to get the toe dialed in? I already got an alignment and this was the best they could do. If so, is there any cheaper alternatives? I think they are around $250 for a pair.
No, shouldn't. It will give you way more adjustment though as the toe and the camber go hand in hand.

If for some reason you want them anyway I suggest BMRs.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
Installed a set of Eibach Pro Kit springs and I'm wondering if I need to get some camber bolts to correct the front camber. According to Eibach, alignment specs should be:
On my rear it's 08 and 03 I have eibach sport lines on my 17 mustang gt. I am running 20x11 and my wheels are tucked in. So they couldn't get more toe
PRO-KIT Camber = -1.0 deg
PRO-KIT Caster = 7.5 deg
PRO-KIT Toe = 0.2 deg

Let me know what you think. Thank you.
IMG_1122.jpg

OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
No, shouldn't. It will give you way more adjustment though as the toe and the camber go hand in hand.

If for some reason you want them anyway I suggest BMRs.
Thanks for the heads up. Turns out my right rear alignment was way out of wack. Not sure whats going on there. Could be the springs have settled and then made it out of alignment? Also, sometimes I get a little punchy when I turn on streets and go sideways a bit, and traction control kicks in, is that bad for alignment?

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Thanks for the heads up. Turns out my right rear alignment was way out of wack. Not sure whats going on there. Could be the springs have settled and then made it out of alignment? Also, sometimes I get a little punchy when I turn on streets and go sideways a bit, and traction control kicks in, is that bad for alignment?
It's possible. A lot can change the alignment. Some aftermarket parts can help keep the alignment more in check but I wouldn't fret over it.

How does the car feel?

OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
It's possible. A lot can change the alignment. Some aftermarket parts can help keep the alignment more in check but I wouldn't fret over it.

How does the car feel?
Ok sounds good. I do have the BMR CB005 cradle lockout. Car feels tighter now, although I may be paranoid but after sliding out from a turn the other day, it feels a little off. Could just be in my head.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Ok sounds good. I do have the BMR CB005 cradle lockout. Car feels tighter now, although I may be paranoid but after sliding out from a turn the other day, it feels a little off. Could just be in my head.
It's hard to say. But at any point you pass the limit of traction it can go sideways. If you want to get it checked out again you can.

It will be tighter now due to the subframe being more locked down. And any time you stiffen things it makes the car more predictable but can also make the limit of traction more sudden. So if you aren't ready for it...

Could just be you being more confident in testing the limits with the new mods.

Racerx009

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Anthony
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford mustang gt non pp
Vehicle Showcase
The camber looks good. The only thing I would do is get more toe IN on the rear.

About 0.10 - 0.12 per side.
I went 2 different alignment shops by me and I live in mooresville AKA RACE CAR CITY. The first place I went the car was on the alignment rack at 3pm. I knew I was in trouble when the service write said the mechanics can't find the rear camber arm adjustment bolt. So I told him over the phone what to look for and at 545pm. I go there the manager shaking his head opens the door to the garage and tells me good luck. The mechanic was freaking out he was lost with the rear set up. I told him it's not hard and he told me to Fukin do it then. Lol I told him if I was allowed to stand here and do it with you. I would and of course he says l been working on cars for 30 years. All you car guys think your mechanics because you install parts and watch YouTube.. I had to laugh I told that I am 20 years older than you. I went to automotive technical school in the 80s. I specialized in engine management and performance..I was the head automotive technician for the FBI NYC office. Till I left to do law enforcement 20 years and out. I told him to take my car off the lift and I will find another place. I still gave him a 20 dollar tip for his craziness. The service writer says he does not know what to charge me. I laughed and gave him 20 dollars and left.
I went to another shop that does performance work. I explained all my upgrades and basically my car is 98% steeda suspension nothing left that was factory. I have eibach sport lines. So they tell me that it's going to be more money because it's completely modified suspension. Not a problem I tell the mechanic I drive in the mountains and the car is made for handling so set it up factory performance specs. I get the car back and he set it up for a base model mustang. Plus he did not even come close to the factory specs. I said you have the Ford performance specs and u decide to go with stock. I have camber bolts up front which. I told you about. I had come back the next day for them to redo the alignment. He said it was my fault for not specifically asking for the Ford performance specs Lol I said u charged me for a modified suspension Why would I want a stock spec alignment. But the customer is always wrong. But it's getting tiring and the sad part is I am ill from 911 so I can't trust my judgment. So some work I can't do and then I have to argue with them.

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
Yeah go somewhere else that will set it up to the specs you give them. I get mine done by a general automotive shop that just happens to do alignments too. And they get mine pretty close. I took it to a race car shop to get a bumpsteer alignment and they told me there is no rear camber adjustment. Finding a good alignment shop isnt easy. Also I've been told it is a pain in the ass to do alignments on our cars. Never done it myself though.

OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Time to update this thread. Just got another alignment and I gave them Eibachs recommended specs. Eibach says .2 degrees toe for front and rear. Is that total toe? If so, they didn’t specify that. Am I ok to run this setup as a DD?

@Bluemustang @Racerx009 @Norm Peterson

6249B221-0DA0-4209-A80E-5653436D8AAF.jpeg

Last edited:
OP
OP
cyclonetron

cyclonetron

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang v6
Vehicle Showcase
Absolutely not...

For a street car, you want 0 front toe or very close, erring on toe in if not zero.
The rear needs to be halved.
Im rescheduling to take it back in on Monday. I’m just going to have them align it to OE specs.
Sponsored