Sponsored

Post lowering alignment questions: What's ok for rear camber?

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang GT350 Tech Pack, 2011 Mustang Racecar, 2011 Raptor
Since lowering my car, I had an alignment done locally (4 wheel). I wasn't terribly happy with it, as the steering wheel was slightly off, but I corrected it at home using some toe plates (and was just a simple adjustment on both front tie-rods to get it perfect)

That said, I decided to measure the camber as I hadn't received a printout when I got the car back:

Front Camber 1.4/1.3
Rear Camber 2.5/2.4

Is that normal? Lowered on BMR 84/88 springs. It just seems to be a little excessive rear camber for daily driven use (on the racecar I'll take all the cambers please). I hadn't looked at the links on the IRS to see if there was adjustment left.
Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Since lowering my car, I had an alignment done locally (4 wheel). I wasn't terribly happy with it, as the steering wheel was slightly off, but I corrected it at home using some toe plates (and was just a simple adjustment on both front tie-rods to get it perfect)

That said, I decided to measure the camber as I hadn't received a printout when I got the car back:

Front Camber 1.4/1.3
Rear Camber 2.5/2.4

Is that normal? Lowered on BMR 84/88 springs. It just seems to be a little excessive rear camber for daily driven use (on the racecar I'll take all the cambers please). I hadn't looked at the links on the IRS to see if there was adjustment left.
Front looks good. I'd try to get ~1.5 deg in the rear for daily use.

OP
OP
Captdistraction

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Front looks good. I'd try to get ~1.5 deg in the rear for daily use.
Since I am struggling with alignment shops, is there a good reference for DIY alignment on these cars? I have toe plates and a camber gauge, I imagine I can get fairly close without much issue at this point.

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Since I am struggling with alignment shops, is there a good reference for DIY alignment on these cars? I have toe plates and a camber gauge, I imagine I can get fairly close without much issue at this point.
If you've got that stuff you should be ok. Otherwise, get some string with a coin/weight at the end taped to the fender and a protractor and do some geometry :D. One thing to keep in mind is that because of the integral link design, it's challenging to adjust each completely independently.

OP
OP
Captdistraction

Captdistraction

Not the Stig
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.facebook.com
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
I guess I'm asking is there an eccentric in the upper camber arm? I'll do some searching. I imagine once I adjust camber to my liking that I'll need to set toe again. Found the specs on eibachs site just need to check procedures and torque specs

Sponsored

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase

BmacIL

Enginerd
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Guard GT Base, M/T
Vehicle Showcase
I'm a little surprised that there isn't some positive means of holding the adjustment.

Norm
Same...purely relying on the friction from the joint.

BMR Tech

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.bmrsuspension.com
First Name
Dion
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT, 2010 GT500, 2019 F-150 5.0
The OE design makes the arm pretty secure when torquing to the proper value (83-85ftlbs)

It is a typical 12mm+ sized bolt sleeve, that features serrations on the outer sleeve edges. This is similar to what OEMs do with many higher load suspension pivot point mounting ends.

A locked out design is going to be the best...but it's not very practical.
[MENTION=26283]Captdistraction[/MENTION] - sending you a FB message

JaxS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 GT PP
I lowered my car with vogtland sport plus (1.3 drop all around) and I have a PP. I put 25mm spacers all around and had to lean the rears in at about 3* to avoid any rub. Rear end handles like shit now at higher speeds so I ordered 20mm spacers for the rear so I can straighten them up after talking this over with the guys at Steeda.

*Side note I have vertical links, Steeda sub frame alignment, subframe bushings, and diff bushings so all that is solid and straight.
Sponsored