Sponsored

Pony package rear deck trim-bar emblem?!

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1963 Volkswagen Beetle, 2018 Mustang GT
Hello all,

I consider myself fairly resourceful, but I can't find the answer to this one: How and when will I be able to obtain a trip-bar pony rear deck emblem? I know it is part of the Pony package for the 2018 (ecoboost only?), and I imagine at some point, someone is going to need one replaced...

DON'T JUDGE!---> I want to replace the uninspired "GT" letters on my 2018 GT rear deck lid with the trim-bar pony from the ecoboost.

Ford.com says they don't exist, and CJ pony parts says the same thing. Any info appreciated...thanks!

Marco
Sponsored

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
Try ebay man.

Hello all,

I consider myself fairly resourceful, but I can't find the answer to this one: How and when will I be able to obtain a trip-bar pony rear deck emblem? I know it is part of the Pony package for the 2018 (ecoboost only?), and I imagine at some point, someone is going to need one replaced...

DON'T JUDGE!---> I want to replace the uninspired "GT" letters on my 2018 GT rear deck lid with the trim-bar pony from the ecoboost.

Ford.com says they don't exist, and CJ pony parts says the same thing. Any info appreciated...thanks!

Marco
Marco I would try ebay if you don't want to wait for the official emblem? From the looks of it a tri bar grille emblem would work well.

Chef jpd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT PP1 6M, Grab ass lime. Ex: 2016 EB PPP CO
Vehicle Showcase
The 15-17 V6 Mustangs have a tribar pony on their rear decks. The EB had just the running pony.
Google them and see if it matches what you are looking for.
Cheap!

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
He's looking for the new one for the 18 Pony Package which has it colored now. I think it'd be bigger than the grille emblem and like the GT is probably held in by clips or studs.

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Yep… The grill one will not fit on the rear deck lid in place of the GT emblem...They are not interchangeable.

Sponsored

Rc18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ben
Vehicle(s)
6mt-rc-18eb
Vehicle Showcase
I added a gt40 style powered by ford emblem in place of my stock pony. In the few days since doing it I've had several people ask if my car is a special edition:shrug:
Until someone does it everyone says it can't be done. Or at least the types who post on here about approval for mods they are paying for on a car that they are paying for:lol:

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I've seen a bunch of Powered by Ford decklids, it isn't an issue of putting it on there. It's having it be a decent size that looks good to you. The grille ones just aren't big enough for that imo.

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I know how it looks and it looks good as an accent piece on the grille, but check how it compares to what is on the decklid. Here is an actual Pony Package shot with the colored tribars that I stole from Rampant.
2018_magnetic_pony_Pkg_3.jpg

Mustang1260

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
David
Vehicle(s)
2015 50th Limited Edition, WW, Manual
I do not believe Ford sells the individual rear emblems as they are really 'placed' on that tail panel and not meant to be changed. You might have to buy the entire rear panel--

I'd go down to a local dealer...slip the parts guy a $20 to get him to spend some time on the computer (diagrams) to find the panel part number (hell he might do it for free if there is no line). I'd go fully armed--go the 2018/19 Mustang Order guide and get the official name of the Pony Package (probably Pony Package but verify) AND the option code for the package--may or may not help the parts guy finding the right info.

The Pony Package, at least in Nor Cal is fairly rare--I think you will enjoy the mod. Great idea!

Last edited:

Sponsored

Nagare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lightning Blue V6
Vehicle Showcase
I tried some (lazy) searching on part sites earlier using a Pony Package VIN and couldn't find anything for the panel.

1FA6P8THXJ5121537

That's a VIN for a Ruby Red Eco Premium with the Pony Package.

hiccup

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT black base PP RECAROS
If it were me doing this mod I would just find the 15-17 v6 rear panel emblem, clean, tape and apply the color myself. I remember having to redo color on a few of the classic musclecar emblems back in the day. ..Not too difficult but use oil based paint for weather endurance.

Brian_S550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
See username
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang 3.7L, 2016 Explorer 3.5L
I still have the stock V6 trunk panel with Tribar Pony badge from my car- you’re welcome to it and can just paint in the red and blue stripes. That 18 Pony Package trim is clearly the same molded plastic part with some color added on.

Fuse

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang V6
It is a little different. The v6 panel has no borders on the tribar while the pony package has defined borders on the tribar. It would probably still look really once painted though.

OP
OP
foqus

foqus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I still have the stock V6 trunk panel with Tribar Pony badge from my car- you’re welcome to it and can just paint in the red and blue stripes. That 18 Pony Package trim is clearly the same molded plastic part with some color added on.
Good day...that would be awesome and much appreciated.

~Marco
Sponsored