Sponsored

Drilling holes for pony emblem on a GT 2018 rear deck lid panel

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
Hello,

I bought a deck lid gloss panel with no emblem and I want to create the OEM locations for the new pony emblem I'm going to install.

Anyone knows what drill dimensions I should use?

Thank you
Sponsored

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
I don't understand. Why did you buy a panel without an emblem? There are take-off panels all over for sale.

OP
OP

Ikzz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2019 EU spec
If by "take-off" panels you mean used ones taken off by previous users the answer is quite simple: I want a new one, not used.

If you are talking about something else then I didn't undestand you.

Simply removing the old emblem and install the new one is not an option because the rear emblems of the EU models are different from the ones from US and I can't simply remove the old and install the new one: the holes are different.

Last edited:

Moose-tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
GT
Did you end up figuring it out ? I would start with the smallest and insert the tab lines at a time till it fits snug then Plastic weld them sealed or something.

Last edited:

Konamoth

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nick
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Base
Did you end up figuring it out ? I would start with the smallest and insert the tab lines at a time till it fits snug then Plastic weld them sealed or something.
Mate's last post was in 2019. Methinks he ain't around here no mo.

As above, so below. Grab a clean take-off with the emblem you want and save yourself the trouble. So long as it isn't riddled with scratches, frankly, who cares?

Moose-tang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jerome
Vehicle(s)
GT
Mate's last post was in 2019. Methinks he ain't around here no mo.

As above, so below. Grab a clean take-off with the emblem you want and save yourself the trouble. So long as it isn't riddled with scratches, frankly, who cares?

The problem with EU and AUS spec is we have the faux gas cap and we can’t pry it off and replace with the US GT emblem because the gas cap has more tabs and it will réveil holes when swapping. So I thought about buying take off on eBay but shipping costs and not to mention US currency is stronger than ours it’s will costs same as buying new one but no one in USA sell for foreign buyers and if they did again the shipping rate is exxy
Sponsored