Phoenix PX6 Review...

carter242000

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ford mustang ecoboost base model
Has anyone seen the newest version of the Pheonix vertical screen Android navagation radio that will be released in November of this year?
No, where can I find it?
Sponsored

Leroynidas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 2017 Raptor
Just purchased a 2017 gt350 with this unit and it sucks man… I don’t like it at all looks cheap touch screen is not to responsive and trying to use the ac buttons is gonna cause me to crash. I have to get in the car and maybe try it out more as I just got the car today and didn’t get much seat time but from the little time I did I just don’t like the unit at all… I’d rather have the oem ford sync like in my raptor… gonna see about removing this mess and go back to oem

Leroynidas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 2017 Raptor
I have had no issues with the battery as of yet. But then, I drive my car as a daily driver, so I haven't let it sit for more than about 5 days without being driven yet. As far as drive modes, I personally have the base model. Only drive mode is the stick shift and gas pedal. I do believe if you get the "Premium" version of the PX6 Unit, the toggle switches work the same, since the programming for drive modes is in the cars ECM, and not the stereo.

Yes, it uses the original factory stereo unit mounted behind the center panel. The sacrifice is no more CD player.The plugs are designed to plug right into the OEM factory unit. However, there is nothing preventing you from splicing in an aftermarket Amplifier, or perhaps even getting an aftermarket CD changer under the seat or dash. It has 2 extra USB cables that could be used with some CD changers available.

Personally, if I wanted a boat load of extra music, I would get a 256GB Thumb drive to just leave plugged in and tucked away under the dash. The Unit does have 64GB of internal memory, so it easily stores a couple hundred albums of MP3 music.
Sorry to revive an old thread but you said that these units go in front of the oem units? So I wouldn’t have to get a whole new ford sync 3 set? I thought this replaced the whole oem unit… will do more research
Sponsored