Sponsored

Performance Pack Gauges on 2019+ GT

scoots

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
I saw a comment in another thread along the lines of the 2019+ cars all have the same harness so the performance pack gauges are “plug-n-play”. Can anyone confirm this? Is some type of tuning required still to make them work correctly?

Thank you,

Scott
Sponsored

MRGTX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT 6spd base
I saw a comment in another thread along the lines of the 2019+ cars all have the same harness so the performance pack gauges are “plug-n-play”. Can anyone confirm this? Is some type of tuning required still to make them work correctly?

Thank you,

Scott
Scott,
I think we’ve been looking into the same question here. One comment I saw a while back that I’m trying to find again stated that ‘16+ cars had the plug for the gauges tucked behind the Sync unit.

Can anyone support or refute this?

Last edited:

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I don't think anyone has confirmed or denied if the harness is there. It would be interesting to know.

Drugdealr

LOLKBYE
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sal
Vehicle(s)
2021 Ford Mustang GT
From what I’ve gathered, the harness is behind the screen, but needs to be fished out by making a hole into the plastic behind the screen, then you’ll have to modify/trim the middle AC vent to accommodate the gauges.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
I guess nothing can be simple. 🙂

From what I’ve gathered, the harness is behind the screen, but needs to be fished out by making a hole into the plastic behind the screen, then you’ll have to modify/trim the middle AC vent to accommodate the gauges.

Sponsored

SMJ540

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT
I can confirm on my 19 GT (Non-PP) it had the harness. It is clipped in behind a black plastic shield (you can see it clipped in). I never took pictures, apologies, but it is definitely there.

petah50

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
I have a 19 GT (non-pp) simple plug & play in my car. The plug is right there, you can't miss it. Minor trimming of the plastic vent area behind the dash panel and you are all set. You will also need the dash trim piece that houses the gauges. I have a set of factory PP gauges for sale if you need a set.

prj_tchalla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang 2.3L Ecoboost Convertible
I can confirm that on my 2017 GT Premium Convertible (Not PP) has the harness behind the radio plastic. I unclipped and plugged it into the PP gauges and it worked.

Whitedevil95

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
J.P.
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
I can confirm that on my 2017 GT Premium Convertible (Not PP) has the harness behind the radio plastic. I unclipped and plugged it into the PP gauges and it worked.
Wow so even a non PP car 2017 has this? I didnt know that.

JDuncan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium PP / 2018 Mustang EB Premium Convertible
Vehicle Showcase
It was there on my 2018 Ecoboost Premium convertible so it is hard to imagine it not being on GTs. Plugged in and the boost gauge worked perfectly. Oil pressure, not so much. Requires a custom tune to enable on my car. Not sure if that is the same for the GT models.

Sponsored

NicksGTR

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Craig
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ecoboost
Yell my has it also

C1322BCC-60B7-4430-9B21-0319DD0DCE1B.jpeg
On my install, 2019 EB, I had to remove the clips on the back of the dash panel because of interference with the left air duct. I popped the vent out of the dash in order to identify area of interference. Dash would not sit flush without this modification, also.

Whyachi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Danny
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
On my install, 2019 EB, I had to remove the clips on the back of the dash panel because of interference with the left air duct. I popped the vent out of the dash in order to identify area of interference. Dash would not sit flush without this modification, also.
Long shot but could you elaborate? I’m having the same issues. The vents won’t fit in properly
Sponsored