Sponsored

People's reaction to seeing a '21-'23 Mach 1 similar to seeing a GT350?

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
With the GT350 being discontinued in 2020, and the Mach1 being discontinued after 2023, do you think that folks look (or will look back over time) at the Mach1 in similar "awe" as they do the 350? Meaning, the 350's are relatively rare, unique, have a history dating back to the 60's, and seem to have a definite "wow" factor. The M1's are relatively rare and unique too in their own way with a history dating back to the 60's. Both are steps above the "regular" GTs that are more commonly seen out on the road (no insult intended to GT owners). What's driving my question is with the new generation of Mustangs now on the road, that some have opined look like a Camaro/Honda blend and have gotten away from the more traditional appearance inside and out, I'm thinking that the M1 will maintain if not have an increased "wow" factor similar to the 350.

I'd like to hear from you all about what you think.
Sponsored

SheepDog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dax
Vehicle(s)
Iconic Silver 2022 MACH 1 HP
No. The gt350 has the same heritage ( or even more) a more unique engine, better seats, and had more rare configurations and limited production

GT-DM

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Redd
Vehicle(s)
GT500 & other heaps
Mach 1 3yr run
Bullitt 2yr run
GT350 5yr or 6?
GT500 3yr run

Don't know how many Mach 1s or GT350s were built, in those yrs.

Would you know the #'s ?

Thk I heard around ~8800 Bullitts built,
& just south of ~15k- GT500s.

Take all stickers/decals/badges off ALL these cars..
..which ones could you tell apart easily from a GT or Ecoboost?

U would think if they stand out w/out decals/badges,
they will likely attract attention long after production runs are over.

I may be missing your point, & if so, say so.

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Mach 1 3yr run
Bullitt 2yr run
GT350 5yr or 6?
GT500 3yr run

Don't know how many Mach 1s or GT350s were built, in those yrs.

Would you know the #'s ?

Thk I heard around ~8800 Bullitts built,
& just south of ~15k- GT500s.

Take all stickers/decals/badges off ALL these cars..
..which ones could you tell apart easily from a GT or Ecoboost?

U would think if they stand out w/out decals/badges,
they will likely attract attention long after production runs are over.

I may be missing your point, & if so, say so.
Quick internet search seems like 15k Mach 1's, 23k GT350's. Nah, I don't think you're missing my point (thanks for replying BTW).

Sponsored

Roady68

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
TJ
Vehicle(s)
23 Mach 1 Eruption Green, 6 spd, '69 Road Runner
Interesting. But here is my take. The GT350 is a tier above the Mach 1. But slightly. I think the engine and external differences are a bit more higher level than the Mach 1. But, of all the cruise nights and cars and coffees I have attended, I have only seen one or two other Mach 1s. Definitely more GT350s At those events. And, by shear numbers, it looks like there is a slight exclusivity with the Mach 1.

XFactor7889

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2023 Mustang GT Performance Package
Honestly, I think it depends on "the folks." If we're talking about "non-car folks," I'm fairly certainly for the majority, all they see are Mustangs. Some have 2 stripes, some have 1 stripe, and others have no stripe at all. That's the extent of what I think they tend to see and they'll either think "those Mustangs" are cool or aren't. And this may be blasphemy to some, but the "non-car folks" don't even care about what's under the hood either (or what they sound like).

For "car-folks," I think the GT350 will always have that "it factor" that I'm not sure even the GT500 can compete with. It's the only motor of its kind that Ford made to date, its appearance is unquestionably unique, and it was only available in a manual. The Mach 1, while still very cool, will forever be viewed by many as a parts bin car - right or wrong, fair or not.

MAGS1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mark
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT
Im just a big car fan so I always appreciate seeing performance cars out and about, no matter the brand (for the part). That said, I see more GT350’s and GT500’s around here in the wild than I do Mach’s. I don’t know why that is. My neighbor has a 500 and there’s a couple 350’s in my neighborhood and there’s a few other 500’s nearby.

I love the Mach’s but the Shelby’s just tug at my heart strings. The sound of the Voodoo is unlike anything else out there and I just love the looks of the R.

OP
OP
MachNroll

MachNroll

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1 Mustang
Honestly, I think it depends on "the folks." If we're talking about "non-car folks," I'm fairly certainly for the majority, all they see are Mustangs. Some have 2 stripes, some have 1 stripe, and others have no stripe at all. That's the extent of what I think they tend to see and they'll either think "those Mustangs" are cool or aren't. And this may be blasphemy to some, but the "non-car folks" don't even care about what's under the hood either (or what they sound like).

For "car-folks," I think the GT350 will always have that "it factor" that I'm not sure even the GT500 can compete with. It's the only motor of its kind that Ford made to date, its appearance is unquestionably unique, and it was only available in a manual. The Mach 1, while still very cool, will forever be viewed by many as a parts bin car - right or wrong, fair or not.
I think this is a good assessment.

As for non-car folks, well, I think (based on my experience) the younger generation may not be as enamored with performance Mustangs as the older generation. I'd say 70 percent of the compliments I have received have been from folks 40 and above. They knew what a Mach 1 was. But this is just my experience.

And as a parts bin car.... I have heard of this before..... I like the parts! :)

I Bleed Ford Blue

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Mike
Vehicle(s)
2023 grabber blue metallic Mach 1
I may be wrong, but weren't the GT350's only for the north American market (US and Canada) while the mach 1 was sold world wide. That may be why you see a lot more 350's vs. mach 1's. Sure they made ~23K 350's vs. 15K M1's but based on how many you see you would think they made 75K 350's.

I think the average commuter on the roads have no clue what they are looking at. All they see is another mustang. They have no clue what a 350, 500, mach 1, or bullitt is, nor do they care.

As for the difference between a GT350 vs a mach 1, to me the M1 is a track capable street car where as a the 350 is a street legal track car. Kind of like getting either a B+ or an A- on your report card, one equates to a 3.7 gpa while the other is more like a 3.8, but close enough to each other that the slight difference really doesn't matter.

Last edited:

Sponsored

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Give it 10 years the mach1 will be worth as much if not more than a GT350 , exclusivity comes into at some point and TBH Mach1 is a better DD car . If i was in US i'd be buying a Mach1 as an investement . The Australian version Mach 1 is basically a GT with stickers , a total ripoff whereas US version has a lot of track features

Brisvegas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Pete
Vehicle(s)
Dark Matter Grey '23 GT Mustang , 1976 SS Torana
Yep, just stickers...........

Cup2's and stickers & the Cup2 are basically the same price as 4s , it aint nothing but tyres improving that lap time ... NEXT ... 20k for stickers lol

tosha

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT PP1
increased "wow" factor similar to the 350.
You're in a Mach 1 forum, what kind of unbiased opinions do you expect to hear? 😄

TBH, outside of this small mustang community, nobody cares what trim of mustang you have. Most people out there wouldn't tell the difference between GT, 350 and a Mach. It's red, it has 2 stripes, it sits low to the ground and makes loud noises = it's cool for a minority of population. Everyone else would pick electric appliance any day of the week.

Yep, just stickers...........
And you track your mach1 exactly how often? Just askin.
Sponsored