Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.nationalsuperbike.com
First Name
Curt
Vehicle(s)
2022 Nissan Frontier
Friend of mine is a tech at the local ford dealer and did the PCV TSB today. He said the new PCV looks the same on the outside but is a different color plastic. While he had the intake off, he looked at the valves and said they all still look like new- basically what you would expect from a 10K mile car. Said that there was a tiny amount of oil in the intake manifold but also nothing unusual. Also did a PCM update that was required with the TSB but he had no info on what changes were made with the update. The car runs and feels the same, so just some peace of mind that any oil/smoke issues are minimized. Car is bone stock and built in July '15.
Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Thanks. Last dealership I went to wouldn't do it unless the car was smoking. Car has never smoked at 10,000 miles. Hopefully mine was one of the well constructed units.

Busser48

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang ecoboost
Thanks. Last dealership I went to wouldn't do it unless the car was smoking. Car has never smoked at 10,000 miles. Hopefully mine was one of the well constructed units.
They have to if you have the old style parts, it says it right in the PCV. You sure yours had the barcode on the sticker?

ryant601

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
'16 GT - Black Accent Package
They did mine no questions asked, pretty sure he said the one I had wasn't the one on the TSB but that he did it anyways after I complained about burning oil smell after idling. Haven't smelled it since.

Sponsored

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I got this done and some how I get the p04DB error code for crankcase ventilation system disconnected error. I bought it back today and still waiting for the diagnostic. They marked my mishimoto catch can with hose with some sort of yellow paint and it is disgustingly hard to remove.

It did fix the smoke issue from catless DP upgrade.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
I got this done and some how I get the p04DB error code for crankcase ventilation system disconnected error. I bought it back today and still waiting for the diagnostic. They marked my mishimoto catch can with hose with some sort of yellow paint and it is disgustingly hard to remove.

How can u tell if u need a new one or not. What's the updated part number?

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
How can u tell if u need a new one or not. What's the updated part number?
I have not get the invoice yet because I also brought the car in for another fix on the insurance. Ill get the part number when I pick up the car.

juan_tony1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Juan
Vehicle(s)
ECO DIB TANG

U took your car to the dealer with a cat less downpipe? One of the main reasons why I don't want to go lol

cthomas5714

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 6MT
That's the same boat I'm in. I can't decide if they will play ball if I have a catless downpipe.

Sponsored

rizwan10aslam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Black

Please post the diagnostic results when its complete.

JungleG1337

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
They are cool with Catless. You have to check with your dealership. Ill date this thread when I get it.

neodark

Left 4cyl @home
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jorge
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT PP2
Yeah, I'm curious about this... Specially what the ECU update does, since it probably gets overwritten when you guys reflash your cars

perfweld

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang
You can buy the updated part from ford for about $30. I bought one and gutted it and used the UPR catch can. I kept the original one stock for when I have to go smog the car. I think you can change the PVC out it in a few hours at the most if you dont wanna take the car into the dealer.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
You can buy the updated part from ford for about $30. I bought one and gutted it and used the UPR catch can. I kept the original one stock for when I have to go smog the car. I think you can change the PVC out it in a few hours at the most if you dont wanna take the car into the dealer.
Why gut it if the new one makes it so the car doesn't smoke?
Sponsored