Sponsored

PCV TSB done- what they found

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
Assuming its just not warmer spring weather causing the hither temps. It might have something to do with the updated tune. I'd worry if it was hitting 220 but 205 is still well within normal operating range.
Warmer spring here right now is only mid 60's.temp Has never gotten that high even in the 100+degree summer heat last year. I'ts 187 consistently gets into the 190's only in really hot summer weather.hopefully I can get it figured out before then. Sounds like yours is the same as Before.
Sponsored

Gst95dsm

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 MM EB PP Recaro....
I just finished installing the updated PCV assembly. I ordered it from Sunrise Ford for $14.99 shipped. Anyhow..... Much easier than I expected. I was going to do a write up but it's pretty self explanatory and would be hard to goof up. You guys with mods who don't want to take it in, just do it yourself. About an hour job.

Here's a brief outline of what's involved.....

Remove engine cover

Remove intake hose from throttle body

Unclip associated wiring and clips (one bolt on top) holding harness to intake manifold (carefully)

Remove vacuum line at rear of intake

Remove PCV line by the throttle body on the backside of the intake

Remove 5, 10mm bolts holding intake manifold to head

Remove one 13mm nut from intake manifold on the bottom towards the back

Intake Manifold is now loose.....

On the backside of the intake two electrical connectors slide out of their holders.

Now you can see the PCV assembly, carefully remove the 8mm bolts holding it on.

Install the new one and reverse the steps.

I planned on replacing the intake manifold gaskets as well just to be thorough, but ended up being a dumbass and only ordered 1 instead of the 4 needed. They are rubber and mine looked absolutely fine so I wasn't worried about it.

Anyhow..... hope this helps someone.

My car smoked with the catless downpipe if it sat idling for a couple minutes. My car smoked one time with the stock down pipe after sitting idling for around 15min. I have since gone back to the stock down pipe for noise reasons and the car has not smoked since, but I have also never let it sit and idle like that again.

For what it's worth my intake manifold and throttle body were basically bone dry, maybe just a light film inside as I would expect and I have NO aftermarket catch can installed, nor do I plan to add one. Car is at 11k miles.

Last edited:

NHEcoboost

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium/PP
So people are doing this swap without the recommended ECU reflash without issue?
I've never seen smoke but I do get the burning oil smell.
Since I'll be taking things apart for new plugs and Stage 2 turbo, I was thinking of doing this as well.

dgtal36

KEVCITY
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ecoboost
I ordered the updated PCV assembly as well. Planning on running it alongside my UPR dual valve catch can with the boomba check valve. My engine shouldn't blow up with that set up ;)

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2001 Z28 Camaro and 2015 Ecoboost Mustang
So people are doing this swap without the recommended ECU reflash without issue?
I've never seen smoke but I do get the burning oil smell.
Since I'll be taking things apart for new plugs and Stage 2 turbo, I was thinking of doing this as well.

That is what I did with mine. Installed the updated oil separator/pcv. No gutting the pcv or reflash. Im running a tune+ tune and have the dual valve catch can as well.

Sponsored

GregTSi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
I'm taking mine in Thursday with a catless downpipe, hopefully they will fix my smoking issue until I get a catch can.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm taking mine in Thursday with a catless downpipe, hopefully they will fix my smoking issue until I get a catch can.
I took may car in prior to the TSB. They said the aftermarket DP and exhaust was causing the smoke and to bring it back with the original DP and exhaust. MMMmmmmmm... I kind of chopped it up and posted pictures of the mufflers and the resonator here. so that was never going back on. lol!

GregTSi

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost
My dealer told me there was no "TSB" for the PCV Valve. Guess they're out of the loop lmao. I'll end up just buying a catch can next week instead of a intercooler.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Last edited:

Apwrx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Magnetic premium PP
My dealer told me there was no "TSB" for the PCV Valve. Guess they're out of the loop lmao. I'll end up just buying a catch can next week instead of a intercooler.
There is and Id get it done. I'd also personally get a ic before a catch can. I don't have one and don't plan on it. My tb was perfectly clean at 17k. On the flip side my stock ic got heat soaked daily

Sponsored

PRG3k

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Turbo
Thank you now I can show them this and have it fixed. Should there be any issues if I have a tune installed?
I believe part of that TSB has a ECU reflash. Go back to the stock tune and have your tuner rewrite for it after the work is done.

PewterCam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Update... Been driving a little over a week. Pleased to report no trace of smoke out the exhaust or excessive carbon, the cc had nearly 1/2 the oil I used to with the old oil separator/gutted pcv as well. Looks like we have a winner! Again this is the revised oil separator/pcv installed out of the box no modifications to it or the tune.

Joe_Stang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Update... Been driving a little over a week. Pleased to report no trace of smoke out the exhaust or excessive carbon, the cc had nearly 1/2 the oil I used to with the old oil separator/gutted pcv as well. Looks like we have a winner! Again this is the revised oil separator/pcv installed out of the box no modifications to it or the tune.
Awesome man I will doing this soon as my car is starting to smoke a little at idol now.
Sponsored