ChaoticFury09

ChaoticFury09

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Nathan
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT Premium (Automatic - Magnetic)
Quick update. Went to the dealership with a body shop. Those guys were fantastic. We looked at some other 350's on the lot and a few GT's. The gaps on the 350 were abysmal for a $90,000 car and so much worse. The body shop said they are going to have to fix it prior to it being sold. The good news is they seemed pretty confident that they could get the hood fixed and possibly the bumper. Evidently there is a TSB for the bumpers that requires body shops to drill in to prevent sag. For the hood they are going to adjust the fenders and raise the stops as mentioned above to see if that helps. The bumper is really just hit and miss. I have an appointment in two weeks I will let everyone know how it goes.

If you are in the greater Toronto area I went to Donway Ford in Scarborough.
Sponsored

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
Good luck. Great design, engineering and style....ruined by poor execution and quality control.

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
Was this ever sorted out? My front bumper isn't aligned at all and in fact keeps breaking the side bumper tabs where it joins the fender because of the misalignment. I've been told there's no way to adjust it either. Body shop at Heritage Ford in Scarborough are saying this.

Reaper5.0

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mustang GT PP
Also, the bumper is against my passenger headlight and there's a big gap on the driver's side. Again, they're saying you can't adjust it. Really? 2017 Mustang and you can't adjust anything to fit properly?

Sponsored

TTown

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 4Runner; '19 CRV; '06 Explorer; '17 Civic
They are just fun, but cheap / poorly made cars for the masses.
IMG_8484.jpg
IMG_8485.png

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
A direct representation of who is assembling these cars.

Zathras

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
It seems more like a design issue than an assembly issue. The snap-in-place tab system Ford uses on these bumpers just doesn't result in a good fit.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The design is functional, but the execution of the parts in terms of consistency of quality and the lack of assembly quality in some mustang builds have been disappointing at times.
I would absolutely want my car built on day shift.
Some other cars are darn near perfect. If the panel product quality control was better and the assembly and paint quality improved, it would be a huge positive.
America's #1 car company building one of the most iconic American cars for enthusiasts deserve a better more consistent representation of our product.
Sponsored

Last edited: