Sponsored

Bumper Panel Gap, Normal or Faulty?

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
So I’m aware that mustangs have panel gaps. I just want your opinions on whether this one is one that can be covered under warranty or if it makes sense to replace it at all.

Under the passenger headlight the bumper is slightly “out” from the bottom of the light. I’m not sure if this is a risk of water getting into the electronics housing behind it. I noticed that one of the clamps of the bumper to the front quarter panel is broken off and so the corner of my bumper isn’t flush with the quarter panel and something I can probably pull off with enough force.

Is this a defect that can be covered under warranty? The car hasn’t been hit from the front - there’s is no damage. Just not sure if this is a normal panel gap or something that will cause trouble down the road.
EE7CDD7E-7718-4C8C-9296-9CF12A36E1AC.jpeg
Sponsored

scotty

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Vehicle Showcase
Unfortunately mine has the exact same gap under the headlights :/ Haven't had any issues though.
I've complained and gotten the "it's normal" line ... seems like Ford loves to say that a lot.

OP
OP
GasPedal

GasPedal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium | Race Red
Unfortunately mine has the exact same gap under the headlights :/ Haven't had any issues though.
I've complained and gotten the "it's normal" line ... seems like Ford loves to say that a lot.
Thanks for the response. Hopefully when the Mustang is the only car they produce they will start to pay attention to the quality of it more. But it sucks and my warranty is running out.

RIBS

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Ruby Red
One of my headlights has the same gap, the other does not.

SiMuL

.wise selectah.
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jesse
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT CO PP
All of that can be adjusted by loosening all of the screws that hold the bumper and pushing it up before re-tightening. You can even fix the gap between the fender and bumper, too.
Sponsored