Sponsored

Painting Calipers

dron_jones

Threads
Reaction score
Fell into a pot hole in Michigan and can't get bac
Vehicle(s)
Me crazy, and I can't help myself
Got quoted $350 from a body shop to sand, paint and reinstall my calipers. Does this sound fair? I didn't even mention the rear calipers.
Are you thinking about having them professionally painted so that you can color match paint exactly?

For the same price you could have them powder coated and it will hold up a lot better
Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Prem. (PP) Magnetic
Are you thinking about having them professionally painted so that you can color match paint exactly?

For the same price you could have them powder coated and it will hold up a lot better
Sorry I forgot to mention I have the ruby red G2 kit and wanted them to spray it on in their booth so the finish is smooth.

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=29061]5.0_SD[/MENTION] That is an interesting alternative. I don't know that I trust myself to take the calipers off though. If I did I would do the job myself and bring them in sanded. Would probably knock some money off for me too. But I just don't trust myself with that

5.0_SD

Village Idiot/Biermeister
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
17 GT Base Lightning Blue
You wouldn't have to take them off, just mask everything well.

Sponsored

thet33

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Magnetic GT/6MT/3.55
Is there a chemical that removes the G2 paint easily? I'm thinking about switching colors and also doing a better job using what I learned the first time but want to see if there's and alternative to sanding.

Labradog

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Guard Metallic
Is there a chemical that removes the G2 paint easily? I'm thinking about switching colors and also doing a better job using what I learned the first time but want to see if there's and alternative to sanding.
I think G2 says that you can just scuff them with a wire brush and paint right over.

ZackJones

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Zack
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT/CS
I'm planning to paint mine this weekend. I'm going to paint the calipers and hangers. Can someone please provide torque specs for the bolts that hold these parts on? I don't trust my google-foo because I'm seeing a large variance in the torque specs. Also recommendations for a good source for torque specifications would be appreciated.

Five6K

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Black Manual
I dont have it with me; doesn't the service manual have these values though?

Sponsored

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know what size the brembo decal from the factory is on the PP brakes? I'm ordering stickers and need to know the size.

RoninRed

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone know what size the brembo decal from the factory is on the PP brakes? I'm ordering stickers and need to know the size.
For anyone else who got theirs painted before thinking about the decal, its 1x4.5 in on the front PP calipers.

Evo_Rob

Mmm... Boost...
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rob
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
I'm planning to paint mine this weekend. I'm going to paint the calipers and hangers. Can someone please provide torque specs for the bolts that hold these parts on? I don't trust my google-foo because I'm seeing a large variance in the torque specs. Also recommendations for a good source for torque specifications would be appreciated.
[MENTION=30706]ZackJones[/MENTION]

Per Service Manual:

4 and 6 Piston Front Caliper: Torque : 129 lb.ft (175 Nm)

Non-PP Rear Caliper Bracket: Torque : 129 lb.ft (175 Nm)
Non-PP Rear Caliper: Torque : 129 lb.ft (175 Nm)

PP Rear Caliper: Torque : 85 lb.ft (115 Nm)

codemanstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 GT Prem
Aircraft paint stripper as previously mentioned.
Had some dry on the rotor face. Tried a few things with no luck. Got a can of that stuff from orielys and took it right off no problem at all.
Sponsored