Sponsored

Oxygen Sensor Replacement?

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Roush Stage 1 Supercharged Mustang GT
Hello all,

My O2 sensor burned out. My Bank 1 O2 not reading anything on logs even though car runs fine. Is Bank 1 drivers side front I assume?

I am running E85 and I heard someone say they are running Raptor O2's at one point? Where are you sourcing these O2 sensors from?
Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i just did all mine just for the sake of having them new ... passenger side one is a pita to get to ,assuming your doing upstream downstream is cake

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
i just did all mine just for the sake of having them new ... passenger side one is a pita to get to ,assuming your doing upstream downstream is cake
I have long tubes so my pass side will be easy. Im just trying to understand exactly which ones people are getting OEM or other and where your getting them from.

VDB95

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang Gt PP Deep Impact Blue
I replaced my Upstream Bank 2 a couple of weeks ago. I also have long tubes installed. Stayed with OEM sensors, from what I have read, failures seem to be tied to bad harness extensions and the placement of the sensor further back in the stream.

Sponsored

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Triple Yellow GTPP w/Recaros
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced mine with OEM, they lasted 800 miles and died again. Replaced with NTK (NGK Brand) and so far so good for about 1k miles. This time I wrapped all the connectors with electrical tape hoping to keep ALL moisture out, as that seems to kill them.

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
I replaced mine with OEM, they lasted 800 miles and died again. Replaced with NTK (NGK Brand) and so far so good for about 1k miles. This time I wrapped all the connectors with electrical tape hoping to keep ALL moisture out, as that seems to kill them.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I hears about the moisture issue. What connectors did you wrap with electrical tape?

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
The ones on the extension harness.

OP
OP

doodguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
The ones on the extension harness.
This is interesting. I always thought it was moisture that accumulates on the smaller head that fails them but your saying moisture comes down the connector ruins the wiring?

Sponsored

robwlf

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
rob
Vehicle(s)
17 lightning blue pp LFP 670
i got mine from rock auto cheapest price think it cost me 89 buck s for both upstreams

Nuked

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
This is interesting. I always thought it was moisture that accumulates on the smaller head that fails them but your saying moisture comes down the connector ruins the wiring?
It was just a hunch I had. No harm in trying.

Leosegura155

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Leonardo
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT
Hello all,

My O2 sensor burned out. My Bank 1 O2 not reading anything on logs even though car runs fine. Is Bank 1 drivers side front I assume?

I am running E85 and I heard someone say they are running Raptor O2's at one point? Where are you sourcing these O2 sensors from?
Okay so anybody who can help me. I had my Xforce long tubes installed and with the same o2 sensors(they were on non catted stock headers before) so they were installed with the o2 sensors. And I got a bunch of codes, bank 1 and bank 2 below threshold and also slow response, misfires, IAT sensor. Could it be that they went out ?

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Okay so anybody who can help me. I had my Xforce long tubes installed and with the same o2 sensors(they were on non catted stock headers before) so they were installed with the o2 sensors. And I got a bunch of codes, bank 1 and bank 2 below threshold and also slow response, misfires, IAT sensor. Could it be that they went out ?
They could have been damaged during the header swap. Are you tuned for headers.

Jackson1320

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jaxson
Vehicle(s)
2015 mustang gt
Guys I use f150 o2 sensors because they are the same but they don’t need a extension wire because they come with a longer wire. Also you can use brands other than stock but try to use the same brand and not mix and replace them in pairs. Both upstream or both downstream
Sponsored