Sponsored

On3 s550 Single

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP - 2016 F150 5.0 ST - 2004 Ram SRT10 - 2003 Brickyard Nissan 350z TP
I got on the pre order waiting list on 5/26 the shop I use for modifications tends to frown on the On3 kits due to previously known fitment issues and warned me he charges by the hr on these kits. But I’m going to take a chance and hope it’s not as complex as there other twin kits. Fingers crossed. If it turns out to be the case I may have to explore other install options.
I bought an On3 single kit for my 5.0 F150 in February... Im still working on it. Zero pictures or instructions. Then when they send you the wrong parts your left scratching your head. Furthermore, they have zero quality control. They sent a Manifold that was so warped i would have had no flange left after decking. Their kits work, but a lot of extra work is required. In the end after reworking, time and headache it cost almost the same as the complete stage 2 whipple in my mustang which took a weekend to install and has been flawless.

Memphisraines

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Steve
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT 2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee 2013 Caddilac ATS
I bought an On3 single kit for my 5.0 F150 in February... Im still working on it. Zero pictures or instructions. Then when they send you the wrong parts your left scratching your head. Furthermore, they have zero quality control. They sent a Manifold that was so warped i would have had no flange left after decking. Their kits work, but a lot of extra work is required. In the end after reworking, time and headache it cost almost the same as the complete stage 2 whipple in my mustang which took a weekend to install and has been flawless.
This is my fear, the savings is not worth the potential headaches. I may just stick with my original plan.

Sponsored

OP
OP
5ohh_kenny

5ohh_kenny

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GTCS
I wonder if it’s a question of quantity. The f150 kit can’t do much quantity so they have less opportunity to refine the manufacturing process.
I don’t have personal experience but everything I hear is that they make any mistakes they may make right. Did you try contacting them?

NO1CARES

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 GTPP 5.2 TH400
What issues ?
Completely separate from post but PM me if you're interested. lets just say that i had a certain shop rebuild the unit and its been a down hill spiral ever since. I can't really blame the charger for that but i can blame the charger for having issues at only roughly 4k miles.

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP - 2016 F150 5.0 ST - 2004 Ram SRT10 - 2003 Brickyard Nissan 350z TP
I wonder if it’s a question of quantity. The f150 kit can’t do much quantity so they have less opportunity to refine the manufacturing process.
I don’t have personal experience but everything I hear is that they make any mistakes they may make right. Did you try contacting them?
Their impression on me was that every facet in their business is unrefined. I contacted them many times. I needed the correct parts to finish. They proceeded to send the wrong parts again. Took about a month but eventually got the correct parts. I also had missing v-bands, couplers and oil feed sandwich plate(never received). They also said they would send a turbo blanket for the inconvenience. i never got that as well. Thats my experience.:thumbsdown:

Sponsored

Turbotyla

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt
The on3 single was loosely based off my kit, after talking with chad a few times.

on3 kits are less refined than the more expensive brands, but I think the trade off is worth it.

my car was a s197 single turbo kit I heavily modified to get to fit the s550.

the car still has on3 manifolds, gates, bov and a few other parts. If I had the option of an on3 single for my car when I started I would of definitely purchased it.

B59D1BF8-4FAD-4364-8A16-45764059A361.jpeg

tbw23

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Noah
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Any updates on this kit?

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I put in my order for the On3 single kit a few days ago. I figured at that price point, it's not bad and if I really want to I can replace the turbo and wastegate with higher quality stuff. So far manifolds have been decent and not warped from those that have installed it.

Ishyne22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ross
Vehicle(s)
I put in my order for the On3 single kit a few days ago. I figured at that price point, it's not bad and if I really want to I can replace the turbo and wastegate with higher quality stuff. So far manifolds have been decent and not warped from those that have installed it.
Mine were warped by more than a 1/4 inch... the replacement was even warped.

20210225_001616.jpg
Sponsored