Sponsored

OLIVE 2018 GT

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Premium A10-3.55-400a
Vehicle Showcase
Just sitting here thinking, and this is so cool because it kind of forces one to look at the lines of the car and not necessarily the color. The color is ancillary. It is a beautiful car, and with what I would argue an attempt to understate it, just enhances it. And the uniqueness is huge. If Ford only offered the car in this color then it would not be nearly as cool. There are several pics in a variant of light and it looks good. I was born in 70 and seems to remember some older cars runnin around in these mild green variants including my grandparents 60s Impala boat. So I’m diggin nostalgia as well, thumbs up.
At first this color made me think what the hell was the OP thinking? As time goes by I understand his intent more and more, I still think it's crazy to repaint a new car but that's neither here nor there, I'm changing my opinion and saying I dig the car. :thumbsup:

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey, thanks dvs73. I actually have a clean (no ridges) black deck-lid incase I change my mind. Thank you for the input! Here's a photoshopped black rear deck-lid.

James
I love the script, it enhances and gives a bit of elegance to the panel, this car is getting better and better! :thumbsup:

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Olive or Black

I love the script, it enhances and gives a bit of elegance to the panel, this car is getting better and better! :thumbsup:
Hey Loki-GT,
Thanks for the encouragement! Do you have a preference of The painted or the black rear panel?

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
I like the script. Maybe also the olive decklid.

Still curious about the engine compartment.

Sponsored

OP
OP
OLIVE18

OLIVE18

OLIVE18
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
Olive Green 2018 GT PP
Vehicle Showcase
Engine compartment

I like the script. Maybe also the olive decklid.

Still curious about the engine compartment.
This is how we divided the paint in the engine compartment. It's looks clean when you open the hood, but i'm not showing off engine mods, so my hood stays closed.
IMG_1470.JPG

Reactions: DRB

Loki-GT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Hey Loki-GT,
Thanks for the encouragement! Do you have a preference of The painted or the black rear panel?
The panel that houses the GT emblem I like as shown in the picture above with the script "Mustang", I think it looks classy.

5.0_MD

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 DIB GT PP
I like the black decklid with the script 100 times more than the painted decklid and script. Pulls the entire back end together because of the black trims surrounding the taillights and lower valance. I finally figured out why I was so bothered by your rear bumper, the black trim surrounding the tail lights getting broken up with the painted deck lid was driving me nuts. Still love the color and the changes you've made.

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Olive18, very impressive project and I give you props for going out on a limb with that color. I think the front grill resembles a Maserati and I like black for the rear decklid.
Great work man, I will be following the progress

Sponsored

DRB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 5.0 Performance Pack convertible, Rapid Red
Engine compartment

This is how we divided the paint in the engine compartment. It's looks clean when you open the hood, but i'm not showing off engine mods, so my hood stays closed.
IMG_1470.JPG
This looks great, and I'd certainly be happy showing the engine compartment like that. Basically, the original color shows only on the shock towers - if it can be done this well without pulling the engine, I don't see why anyone would bother with that other than high-end show cars.

DarkHor$e

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
RaceRed '17 PP Base- Sold!!!
I don't know why the fk anybody would do this anyway, but hey, it's your $$$.

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
Black?

Hey, thanks dvs73. I actually have a clean (no ridges) black deck-lid incase I change my mind. Thank you for the input! Here's a photoshopped black rear deck-lid.

James
OLIVELOGO_-7.jpg
Yes, definitley leave the decklid panel blackw/script. Looks awesome like that!

99Zeus99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Performance Pack Whipple Stage 1 Manual
It the weirdest thing.Something tells me I shouldn't like this but I still do. I can't explain it. I think it needs some flat stripes or something though.
Sponsored