Sponsored

Old exhaust

blankman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT Nite Pony
So I just purchased a catback system (thanks beefcake for the hookup), and I am curious if it be worth it to try to sell the stock resonator and muffler deletes? The previous owner had the stock mufflers chopped and replaced with what looks like possibly a pypes muffler delete axle back with 4 inch black tips. I'm not sure if it would be worth it to try to sell the system or just scrap it. Not sure what it'd be worth and ask for if I did try to sell it?
Sponsored

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
I tried to give my factory resonator and active exhaust (minus the actuators) and no one wanted it, so I trashed it.

robvas

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sometimes you can find people that want stock mufflers to quiet their cars back down, for like $50

Paul McWhiskey

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT Premium w/PP
Stock parts have a value. Now, if you replace your exhaust system with a cat back for $2000, just don’t expect to get that much for the take off system.

someone will eventually need the parts. Be fair and make them a deal or pay it forward.

NGOT8R

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Adrian
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt
Stock parts have a value. Now, if you replace your exhaust system with a cat back for $2000, just don’t expect to get that much for the take off system.

someone will eventually need the parts. Be fair and make them a deal or pay it forward.
I completely agree with this. When I removed my factory exhaust, I actively tried to find a new home for it. The only thing I asked was that anyone who wanted it pay for the ride if it needed to be shipped. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any takers, so I trashed it. There’s no room to store very many parts at home without a basement anymore.

Last edited:

Sponsored

JB60

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT
Maybe list the muffler deletes on Facebook Mustang and Ford parts and Market Place , took several months to sell month old C&L H pipe $30

OP
OP

blankman

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 GT Nite Pony
Well it's decided. I'll list it as one piece, and if someone wants just the resonator or muffler deletes I'll just cut them. If nothing sells in 2 weeks it's going to the scrap yard. I've got a pair of water heaters and some other metal I've gotta take to the scrap yard anyways.

IPOGT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1 Velocity Blue M6
I completely agree with this. When I removed my factory exhaust, I actively tried to find a new home for it. The only thing I asked was that anyone who wanted it pay for the ride if it needed to be shipped. Unfortunately, I couldn’t find any takers, so I trashed it. There’s no room to store very many parts at home without a basement anymore.
I have my stock exhaust from my 2016 still sitting here. I need to list it on here.
Like you say, no room without a basement unfortunately.
Sponsored