Sponsored

Oil cooler failure - first hand experiences?

POJ 1

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Phil
Vehicle(s)
2019 Bullitt build no.301
Mine was replaced during its 12 month service today, didn’t need to ask they just did it, and it has evidence of corrosion within the alloy pipe work as well.
Amazing!
What mileage have you done?
Sponsored

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Hi Copie sounds like just in time. How many km have you done, and do you know if the part # was different?

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
Holy sheet about the same as mine! And def corrosion as opposed to rough casting etc?

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase
Bookface claims that another one went in Melbourne in the past couple of days.

Could be a good time to put some (public) pressure on Ford to address this issue in the wake of their $10 million kick in the arse.

Any ideas?
cooler.jpg

Sponsored

etbiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Wow that's so bad. I really don't think ford gonna do anything about this issue.

OP
OP

GT 550

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black GT MT S550
An external AND internal cooler leak. Sorry for the owner.

Drew I'm not on FB, any idea of the build date?

IngoStang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Troy
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Fastback Velocity Blue
An external AND internal cooler leak. Sorry for the owner.

Drew I'm not on FB, any idea of the build date?
It was a 16 model with 27,000k's. I've seen 16's and 17's with this problem now, so its safe to say it isn't strictly an early 2016 build problem

etbiru

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
Many cars delivered in 2017 actually build in 2016. I wonder if the oil cooler on the 16 and 17 is the same model. If so then this could potentially affect tens of thousands of mustang gt sold in right hand drive market.

MUS550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Many cars delivered in 2017 actually build in 2016. I wonder if the oil cooler on the 16 and 17 is the same model. If so then this could potentially affect tens of thousands of mustang gt sold in right hand drive market.
There have been 2017 build cars with oil cooler failures so it can potentially happen to any 2015 -2017 mustang GT . And there have been cases of it happening after the oil cooler has been replaced as it appears to be exactly the same

Sponsored

Bushranger

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Peter
Vehicle(s)
Ruby Red GT auto fastback
Bookface claims that another one went in Melbourne in the past couple of days.

Could be a good time to put some (public) pressure on Ford to address this issue in the wake of their $10 million kick in the arse.

Any ideas?
I sent a formal complaint to ACCC last Monday. Attached my original Letter of Complaint to Ford Aus. Supposed to get a response within 15 days.
Referred them to this site as well. Keep posting the evidence of failures. It all adds up.

Copie

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT
My advice if you see the milkshake in the coolant bottle. Don’t touch it or leave fingerprints anywhere, keep driving it until it seizes or the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. You will stand a better chance of a replacement or refund if it failures catastrophically, will also play better if you have to use the media card at Ford Australia.

Don’t mention that you knew of the potential problem beforehand, don’t mention the forums etc, ignorance is a powerful tool when used correctly.

stang_86

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Range Rover Sport, 2016 Mustang GT 2019 Bullitt
^^^^^

What hog wash drive it etc have you had this happen to you ????
I have and guess what they still replaced the engine anyway.

Who in the right mind is going to drive something that we know will fail or cause an accident etc

My advise get it towed to your ford dealer they’re replacing them I’m actually speaking from experience not a make believe story.

Drewbo

WTF?
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Drew
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Fastback 6MT DIB
Vehicle Showcase

TeamDenno

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550 GT V8 Manual
Vehicle Showcase
My advice if you see the milkshake in the coolant bottle. Don’t touch it or leave fingerprints anywhere, keep driving it until it seizes or the dash lights up like a Christmas tree. You will stand a better chance of a replacement or refund if it failures catastrophically, will also play better if you have to use the media card at Ford Australia.

Don’t mention that you knew of the potential problem beforehand, don’t mention the forums etc, ignorance is a powerful tool when used correctly.
Say what????

Such tosh. I had the issue on a 17 build car.

The dealer submitted the replacement engine request to Ford and was confirmed with Ford AU in 24 hours.

DIDNT have to wait for it to fail catastrophically either.

I know of one other car in a similar position. Didn't wait for the engine to fail, but reported to dealer immediately upon seeing "poo" in the coolant tank. Also didn't have issues getting engine replaced.

Sorry, but from experience, you are taking out of your bum!
Sponsored