HoosierDaddy

Threads
Reaction score
Winchestertonfieldville (ok, Scottsdale), AZ
First Name
Randy
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Premium PP
The dealer isn't stupid, just trying to scare you into servicing the car there, so they can make more money off you.
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The dealer isn't stupid, just trying to scare you into servicing the car there, so they can make more money off you.
Well, in their eyes it's not stupid. They're just hoping their prey is stupid enough to believe them.

NoVaGT

Banned
Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 PP1 GT Kona
Well, in their eyes it's not stupid. They're just hoping their prey is stupid enough to believe them.
Most are.

wanted33

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT Convertible, 2006 GT Coupe
If it were me I would have a talk with the General Manager of the dealership so I could tell him why his/her dealership will not be doing any service work on my car. If he/she is any good at all the Service Writer that told you that would be off the lot before you left.

Lonmon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT 10spd Base
Seems to me very unlikely that even a newbie Service Writer (what are they called these days?) would make such a statement. Someone at the agency was making a bet: "For lunches, let me see if I can convince this guy to use exclusively MotorCraft oii." It's a bad joke of some kind, or a misinterpretation of what the Owners Manual says, which is NOT "Use only Ford products," but "Use only products that meet Ford's well-defined standards."

For my part, I believe that it is a worthwhile decision to change to Full Synthetic oil from any major refiner, including Ford, PennZoil, Mobil, Castrol, and many others. It's not necessary in order to maintain factory warranties, I had an early experience with full-synthetic that convinced me the slight increase in price was more than outweighed by a ten-degree drop in oil temperature after a mid-event oil change during a hot Riverside International Raceway track session.
Meow listen here, you have to use Ford Meowtercraft oil or it will void your warranty Meow. LOL

Sponsored

Jdenkevitz

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ruby GT PP. Former 2016 Ecoboost owner.
Dealer says it will void warranty. The motorcraft oil contains small particles of aluminium with "MC" stamped on them. They can supposedly pull the disptick, use a jewellers eyepiece and tell immediately. Dealer said they will brand 'voided' on side of engine block if they dont see the MC particles.

IronG

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT PP2
That would mean that everyone here that doesn't use motorcraft oil has voided their warranty.
Find a new dealer?

Edit: Just make sure you use the right oil.
Just to add.....and use the correct oil filter. I have seen voided warranties for using the wrong type filter also.
Sponsored