Sponsored

Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Well, I've had mine in for about 8-9 months now. Still working. I don't use tons of functions, so we'll see how it holds up in another year.
Sponsored

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT MT82 2017 Edge Sport
I'm officially a year in...Though I had to exchange two of them early on(pixelated lines, and AC/heat not working) since then everything has been running as it should. I really only ever have spotify and waze running. Every now and then I use YouTube but it's still running smooth. Still has that wow factor anytime someone sees it. The screen has been worth it qhen compared to that miserable tiny base model sync screen.
PicsArt_05-29-11.16.17.jpg

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT, 2014 Ford Flex Ecoboost, 2013 Focus ST, 1995 Jeep Wrangler
I've had mine for about a year. After 2 of the failed units. I use tom tom go, torque pro, and generally Bluetooth audio via sync. I've done youtube/netflix for the kids in the back. Only issues I have are the loss of outside temp, the inability to change the climate for the first 15 seconds, and delay reverse camera.
The stock launcher is ugly but easy to change. Everyone loves the screen. I think it's well worth the 500 bucks.

Condor1970

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
From what I understand, they had a huge batch of bad screens and glitchy O/S's early last year when they first came out. By Fall 2019, they were pretty well ironed out. I bought mine from the new lot in November/December 2019, if I recall.

That said, they have a ton of returned units sitting on the shelf that they seem to be pawning off on people for less. I would avoid those like a Meth-head with Covid-19. Phoenix should really make it right, and toss all those old units. They know they're faulty, and should not be selling them at all....except maybe on Ebay as a spare parts unit.

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I'm officially a year in...Though I had to exchange two of them early on(pixelated lines, and AC/heat not working) since then everything has been running as it should. I really only ever have spotify and waze running. Every now and then I use YouTube but it's still running smooth. Still has that wow factor anytime someone sees it. The screen has been worth it qhen compared to that miserable tiny base model sync screen.
my HVAC/steering settings (normal, sport, cruise) don’t work. Was that your issue? The unit needed to be replaced for that?

Sponsored

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
my HVAC/steering settings (normal, sport, cruise) don’t work. Was that your issue? The unit needed to be replaced for that?
That was it exactly. HVAC didn't do anything and they permanently displayed Celsius temp. We did a firmware update first to see if that fixed it but ultimately it needed to be replaced.

s550cano

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT
I’m working with the “engineers” now, hopefully they can fix it without a replacement unit.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Does anyone have any updates on the 10.4" ANDROID 8 VERTICAL SCREEN NAVIGATION RADIO FOR FORD MUSTANG Is it worth the purchase? I have a 2017 base gt so it seems like it would be a cool thing to throw in but I hate cheap chinese crap. Any inout would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly I have a SUBwoofer would this complicate the install?

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Does anyone have any updates on the 10.4" ANDROID 8 VERTICAL SCREEN NAVIGATION RADIO FOR FORD MUSTANG Is it worth the purchase? I have a 2017 base gt so it seems like it would be a cool thing to throw in but I hate cheap chinese crap. Any inout would be greatly appreciated.

Lastly I have a SUBwoofer would this complicate the install?
No issues here. The radio won't change your sub set up. The radio is essentially an input for the sync/oem radio. For 1/4 th price of the sync 3, or half what an premium radio+ install kit, idata etc. it's a perfectly fine unit. I keep building a cart on crutchfeild for a wireless aa unit and by the time all the extra costs get added to the HU, replacing the px6 is not worth.

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
clean shift knob ! what is it? gt350 steering wheel? do you love the steering wheel?

Sponsored

Wittbrij

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
Has anyone figured out how to delay the reverse camera from turning off when shifting back into 1st?

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
clean shift knob ! what is it? gt350 steering wheel? do you love the steering wheel?
Shift Solutions Co 210 gram weighted shifter. I've since swapped it for a 600 gram weighted one that feels more like the GT350 one. Loving it and the GT350R Steering wheel
IMG-3737.jpg

msalvoni

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
mark
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt PP
Shift Solutions Co 210 gram weighted shifter. I've since swapped it for a 600 gram weighted one that feels more like the GT350 one. Loving it and the GT350R Steering wheel
IMG-3737.jpg
Its very pretty!

And wow, This is a first hearing about a weighted shift knob... can you please elaborate on the point of this, sounds appealing...

Xtian_Av

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
Its very pretty!

And wow, This is a first hearing about a weighted shift knob... can you please elaborate on the point of this, sounds appealing...
Oh man it makes shifting so much smoother with the added weight. You really feel the gear engagement. Much better driving experience. You can find shift solution co knobs on ebay for about $50