Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
So there's no way to put my own boot up? I know Patrick used to do it
You can. I just haven't figured that part out yet hahaha I am just telling you how I did mine, for now.
Sponsored

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
How??????????? :frusty:
The one post says if you look up a picture online, and press and hold the picture and menu pops up and the one says background. I only tried that once and it didn't work but I found the other menu after so wasn't sure.

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
I'll try to decompile where all their wallpapers are stored on the firmware and share it here as a sample for the resolution:thumbsup:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I just finished to build a custom firmware for the 2nd gen to make it look like 1st gen launcher with the big speedo and interface. Anyone who wants to give it a shot before I release it publicly...?

Sponsored

Evil Minion

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GTI
How??????????? :frusty:
It's that one app that has a chinese title lol. It's been covered here a few times already :D

Use the Google Translate app with the instant translation on the camera to be able to read it if yours is in chinese. The alter first gen units came with that app in english. It's a boot screen changer app, you open it then pick what image that's saved on the device, you want to use.

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
@elpatronvega and some of you guys who'd like to change their wallpaper. Here's the link of the size you need to use to generate your own wallpaper. I was able to extract a sample from the Firmware. I made a red overlay text with more information
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0Byxyxl1zasPMdC1jSXdHVDd2NlE/view?usp=sharing

Enjoy!

PS: I'm working on a boot "Annimation" for it right now. I'll see if I can do something... I don't wanna risk to brick my HU either lol. I wish I had a spare host though lol.

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
I use a custom boot screen... There's an app on the unit named something like "boot screen" and I was able to choose a file from my USB drive. I take it that's missing from the 2nd gen...?

IMG_20170228_230605.jpg

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I use a custom boot screen... There's an app on the unit named something like "boot screen" and I was able to choose a file from my USB drive.
I'm talking about an animation though... Kinda like a video boot up not just a static image :)

soldier989

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GTPP Premium
Ah, awesome. Then I can have a gif image of Eraserhead instead of just an image. Lol.

But it sounds like some people are having issues even changing the boot screen on the 2nd gen. Side question, do we know if the AC and On/Off boards on the 2nd gen changed or if they're the same.

Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ah, awesome. Then I can have a gif image of Eraserhead instead of just an image. Lol.

But it sounds like some people are having issues even changing the boot screen on the 2nd gen. Side question, do we know if the AC and On/Off boards on the 2nd gen changed or if they're the same.
I don't know about the AC Board but I'm pretty sure at 98% it's the same lol.

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Just so everyone is aware, Liu never shipped me a replacement unit back after I sent him back a DOA AC board 1st gen. He's ignored me for a week and now he's telling me that the replacement units are not ready to ship, they are having navigation issues. I asked him for my money back and nothing, since he won't ship out a replacement unit out to me.
Out $700 and nothing to show for it, but a whole lot of whatsapp messages, and more agrevasion.

Good luck to other people that have bought from him. Never ever doing business with Chinese suppliers....

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Just so everyone is aware, Liu never shipped me a replacement unit back after I sent him back a DOA AC board 1st gen. He's ignored me for a week and now he's telling me that the replacement units are not ready to ship, they are having navigation issues. I asked him for my money back and nothing, since he won't ship out a replacement unit out to me.
Out $700 and nothing to show for it, but a whole lot of whatsapp messages, and more agrevasion.

Good luck to other people that have bought from him. Never ever doing business with Chinese suppliers....
Were you in a group buy? A group buy can make him loose a lot money and this is why he will move his a**... Did you start a Paypal claim?

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
I just finished to build a custom firmware for the 2nd gen to make it look like 1st gen launcher with the big speedo and interface. Anyone who wants to give it a shot before I release it publicly...?
I was in the middle of saying I would but passed out in a food coma haha I can try and do it tomorrow. During the week I'm pretty busy which sucks but let me know!

Also, I will try the picture thing as well. I don't remember seeing a boot icon in any of the apps or settings or anything but I'll have to double check!

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
Were you in a group buy? A group buy can make him loose a lot money and this is why he will move his a**... Did you start a Paypal claim?
I was on the Mid February group buy, I sent the money to a member here, and he sent the money to the supplier, Liu; I've already contacted the member here, to see if he's able to start a claim for me.Because, if I do a claim on the forum member, it will take money away from him, not the Chinese supplier, right?
Sponsored