Official Tesla-Style Head Unit

StangATX

Project Corrupted Cyclone
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 S550 White Corrupted Cyclone
Which is why I am going the Best Buy route! Hahaha
1am here. Just finished to talk with the factory. After long exchange of pictures and translation. Blablabla that you don't wanna hear lol. In reality there's no need for the extension. As well as, there's no need for the white cable for the radio. You will have to actually get some length from that radio antenna and it'll plug right in the white plug from the host. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I'm really tired. I've been talking to them for couple days already and really late at night for them to make it clear.:thumbsup:
Sponsored

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)

Oakley_5OH

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charles
Vehicle(s)
2016 Ford Mustang GT- Deep Impact Blue
1am here. Just finished to talk with the factory. After long exchange of pictures and translation. Blablabla that you don't wanna hear lol. In reality there's no need for the extension. As well as, there's no need for the white cable for the radio. You will have to actually get some length from that radio antenna and it'll plug right in the white plug from the host. I'll post a picture tomorrow. I'm really tired. I've been talking to them for couple days already and really late at night for them to make it clear.:thumbsup:
Interestingggg. I will try this tonight or tomorrow and confirm.

cappo

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT 2016 Volcano Orange
It's still possible to use group buy.
How much will be the shipping to Europe/Switzerland?

elpatronvega

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang v6
I don't know about that. That's what i tried doing for like 10 minutes and it just wouldn't plug. Will try again if anything

Sponsored

Isi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Mustang EB
For those looking for group buy still. f you contact the supplier directly they will do 600 incouding shipping even to Canada. Thats what I did and had no issues. He also said if i had gotten 5 could have done 575 including shipping

Focuztyle

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'15 GT PP
For those looking for group buy still. f you contact the supplier directly they will do 600 incouding shipping even to Canada. Thats what I did and had no issues. He also said if i had gotten 5 could have done 575 including shipping
Even though some may have had good luck wih this, I do not recommend you purchase from him, in case you get one of the many defective DOA units, it will be a PĂŤA for you to deal with a Chinese supplier to resolve. I'm still waiting for a resolution after buying one back in February....

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
It's still possible to use group buy.
How much will be the shipping to Europe/Switzerland?
I doubt I'll make another group buy. I'll think about it. I will ask tonight how much it'll be for Europe. Usually, when my relative send me a big package it's about 50 euro shipping...

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Even though some may have had good luck wih this, I do not recommend you purchase from him, in case you get one of the many defective DOA units, it will be a PĂŤA for you to deal with a Chinese supplier to resolve. I'm still waiting for a resolution after buying one back in February....

[MENTION=28445]Focuztyle[/MENTION] is right on that one. It's really hard to have pressure on the seller for a small amount of order... He can just stop replying to you whenever he wants like he's been doing with others. The only reason why he helps me and Patrick in the past was just because we ordered a lot of them and it was a lot of money. If one messes up from the whole group buy he's not going lose just $600 but a couple thousand of dollars just for 1 unit. This is why he's replying to us so quickly and fixes issues whenever we need to. He just sent me pictures of the install for the 2nd generation because I keep bugging them about the radio harness and other stuff. Sometimes I barely sleep to be able to talk to them for hours and get the problem solved. A group buy have much more pressure on him than just one regular sell. :thumbsup:

jmm042

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang V6
Interestingggg. I will try this tonight or tomorrow and confirm.
Just for reference, if this doesn't work I picked up the adapter from Best Buy for $15 and the radio works great now. Fairly certain it's the same cable that shipped with the 1st gen units.

Sponsored

Isi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Mustang EB
If you use PayPal to pay you should not have any problems, at the end of the day the unit comes from and is made in China so if you have any issues even with the group buy someone is still going to have to deal with the Chinese supplier. The difference is now it will be a longer chain of people to have to get through. Ive had a great experience with them they have been very helpful and knowledgeable. Of course not everyone may be as lucky as I, that is why I would use PayPal to send payment as I did. If it does not work you can open a dispute and get a refund. I did have an issue when setting mine up that they quickly worked through to resolve it with me, having 2 different members of there team to contact me to help, replying within minutes every time (of course keeping in mind the time difference and being understanding to the fact that our day is their night).
[MENTION=28445]Focuztyle[/MENTION] is right on that one. It's really hard to have pressure on the seller for a small amount of order... He can just stop replying to you whenever he wants like he's been doing with others. The only reason why he helps me and Patrick in the past was just because we ordered a lot of them and it was a lot of money. If one messes up from the whole group buy he's not going lose just $600 but a couple thousand of dollars just for 1 unit. This is why he's replying to us so quickly and fixes issues whenever we need to. He just sent me pictures of the install for the 2nd generation because I keep bugging them about the radio harness and other stuff. Sometimes I barely sleep to be able to talk to them for hours and get the problem solved. A group buy have much more pressure on him than just one regular sell. :thumbsup:

StangATX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
If you use PayPal to pay you should not have any problems, at the end of the day the unit comes from and is made in China so if you have any issues even with the group buy someone is still going to have to deal with the Chinese supplier. The difference is now it will be a longer chain of people to have to get through. Ive had a great experience with them they have been very helpful and knowledgeable. Of course not everyone may be as lucky as I, that is why I would use PayPal to send payment as I did. If it does not work you can open a dispute and get a refund. I did have an issue when setting mine up that they quickly worked through to resolve it with me, having 2 different members of there team to contact me to help, replying within minutes every time (of course keeping in mind the time difference and being understanding to the fact that our day is their night).
You're right about PayPal. The problem is that 2 members so far deal with PayPal and they were against the buyer...

Isi

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 White Mustang EB
I have heard of people having issues dealing with paypal before. As long as the person keeps everything documented and takes a video of the flaws and are polite and patients in my experience PayPal is awesome. Although just like any purchase, risk is always there. You should not even have to take it to the paypal step as long as your polite and patients the Chinese companies are usually pleasant to deal with, piss them off, and well there gunna piss you right off too. I'm assuming you pretty good at dealing with them so they are probably more inclined to help you then say someone who is unrealistic or rude. At the end of the day, if your not comfortable with it by all means do not do it, I just thought I would share the option for those that missed out on the group buys like myself. If anyone needs the guys number let me know, they are very easy to talk to over WhatsApp and will answer all your questions.

Last edited:

samw369

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Ford Fusion, Nissan Altima, Ford Mustang
I saw lots of negativity here lately. Are there many problems with the head unit?

jskwarek

Buy, ***, Sell, Repeat
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.skwareks.com
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
'15 EB
I gave up on installing it on a premium 2015. I'm convinced they have no clue that there's a difference between the 2015 and 2016+ MFT units. The manufacturer would go from being helpful to non-existent. He told me Monday that they had a new harness they needed to send me and wanted me to pay for it. As I tried to get confirmation, he then asked for me to make him a video of my no audio problem. I've already sent over 20 images of all wiring. I gave up. Unit is headed back to China and I've filed a claim with PayPal. Hoping to recoup some or all of my shipping costs but doubt that's going to happen. Typical Chinese crap, if you ask me.
Sponsored