Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
+1. It makes the factory exhaust sound tame in comparison. Quiet mode is still quiet but doesn't sound constrained like it does with the factory setup.

JoelinNOVA

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joel
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350 R
Did you install the corsa x pipe your self? If so how was the install? And are you happy with the sound? Any videos to hear?

TDC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350, 2019 Challenger Scat Pack Widebody, 2019 Corvette Grand Sport
Had a shop do it, I had no time.

Definitely enjoy the sound more so than stock. I would like to get more of the higher pitch header sound but that's not going to happen unless, well, I get headers.

Search YouTube for videos from TDCFPC and I have a few posted.

firestarter2

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
RR G350 Track
Had a shop do it, I had no time.

Definitely enjoy the sound more so than stock. I would like to get more of the higher pitch header sound but that's not going to happen unless, well, I get headers.

Search YouTube for videos from TDCFPC and I have a few posted.
What shop and how much? feel free to PM me. Thanks in advance.

Sponsored

jtn83

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jason
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
Did you install the corsa x pipe your self? If so how was the install? And are you happy with the sound? Any videos to hear?
I also had a shop so it, just too busy these days between work and the two young kids...

I have a few videos but don't know how to post theming here. I guess I could try uploading them to YouTube.

I'm happy wth the sound, but will probably get bored and add headers in the future. The sound is the same as stock in "normal" and in sport is deeper at idle and then louder and raspier at WOT. I would say that I don't love how it sounds between 3-4K RPM, but I really love it from 4K+. I'm sure some people will flame me for this, but from 3-4K is is almost blatty or like a pickup 90s truck with glass packs--perhaps this is why Ford put the resonators on, to tune out some at that...

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Shot a quick video of mine after the resonator delete during a cold start. Man she sings in the garage when cold! Gotta figure out how to delete the exhaust valves... I did it successfully on my Focus RS!

[ame]

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Question: I got my delete done late last year. She sat for most of the winter.
I didn't notice until yesterday that I have black (exhaust) powder on my garage floor around where the resonator would be. I was told in a post yesterday that this is normal. Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

Thanks!
:cheers:

ARS1

GT350 Member H2678
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Shadow BLK/Blue Ordered 8/25
Question: I got my delete done late last year. She sat for most of the winter.
I didn't notice until yesterday that I have black (exhaust) powder on my garage floor around where the resonator would be. I was told in a post yesterday that this is normal. Are you guys experiencing the same thing?

Thanks!
Mine sits for sometimes weeks at a time and I haven't noticed anything like that under it. And I have new flooring so it would be easy to tell.

Sponsored

JJones

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 s550GT
DOOO IT! The car sounds so pissed off now! :headbang:

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Has anyone done the delete only, then later go back and get axle-backs? How did the sound change? What brand?
Basically, what was difference between delete vs. delete and axle-backs.
Thanks.

Bcobb85

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
I'm looking into doing the resonator delete on my 17. After trolling through this thread, it seems the consensus to get it done just like the factory R is to get 2.75" outer diameter 409 stainless steel pipes and find a shop which can weld stainless steel and can reduce the pipes to 2.375" on the x-pipe side. Am I missing anything? Also, for those in the Houston area, is Affordable Muffler on Dairy Ashford still the preferred place to take the car?

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I'm looking into doing the resonator delete on my 17. After trolling through this thread, it seems the consensus to get it done just like the factory R is to get 2.75" outer diameter 409 stainless steel pipes and find a shop which can weld stainless steel and can reduce the pipes to 2.375" on the x-pipe side. Am I missing anything? Also, for those in the Houston area, is Affordable Muffler on Dairy Ashford still the preferred place to take the car?
MIG weld
Check Midas

CliffClavin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Van down by the river
I cut up to the leading edge of the x pipe to make it a smooth transition and not have it hit a reduction in diameter. I also tig welded mine for a cleaner weld.
Sponsored