Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Not a ton of seat time and lead-follow is pretty limited in speed and intensity for folks with some track experience, but that's to be expected.
You get 3 20 minute track sessions. That's an hour of track time, besides the other driving sessions learning braking, taking turns, etc.
As far as speed, I guess it matters what group you get slotted in. But I noticed that each track session, I was moved into another, faster group. And by the last track session, I believe I was in the fastest group of drivers. I say that because we ended up lapping the two other groups out there. 3 groups go out at a time, in stagggered starts. And on the ovals, my fastest speed was 121 mph. Only during the instructor ride along, did we go faster at 130 mph.
And I never tracked before, so I consider that I did gvery well driving. And the instructors saw it, and kept moving me into a group with better drivers.
Besides, even if I wasn't a professional driver, I certainly looked like one, thanks to the photographer taking pictures at the track.

4TR_8037.jpg

Sponsored

Last edited:

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
You get 3 20 minute track sessions. That's an hour of track time, besides the other driving sessions learning braking, taking turns, etc.
As far as speed, I guess it matters what group you get slotted in. But I noticed that each track session, I was moved into another, faster group. And by the last track session, I believe I was in the fastest group of drivers. I say that because we ended up lapping the two other groups out there. 3 groups go out at a time, in stagggered starts. And on the ovals, my fastest speed was 121 mph. Only during the instructor ride along, did we go faster at 130 mph.
And I never tracked before, so I consider that I did gvery well driving. And the instructors saw it, and kept moving me into a group with better drivers.
Besides, even if I wasn't a professional driver, I certainly looked like one, thanks to the photographer taking pictures at the track.

4TR_8037.jpg

I was in the fast group for the day and we got up to near 129 in the last session, so we were doing pretty well, but there was still plenty of letting off the throttle through the lap. Again, good fun, just for those who have tracked more don't expect a truly full-out lapping experience. I'll work on pulling the video together from my Track Addict app for the last session to share.

SN8KBTE

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Terry
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE, 2022 ZR2 Silverado, 2023 Acura MDX
I attended a few weeks ago and we all remained in the same groups we were assigned to no matter if you had better skills :facepalm:

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
I attended today's session. It was a blast! It was very well put together imo.

They shuffled us around a bit and I was in a pretty quick group. We hit mid 130s on the back "Straight." My car (Poor #6) ate a wall while an instructor was driving it to give a hot lap. Apparently it leaked some fluid and caused the car to lose control.

I had an issue with my brakes on my last session when braking on the back "straight" and my car did not slow nearly at the level I expected. I was the last in line. My pedal was jammed down to the floor so I had to do some evasive action off the racing line to prevent plowing into the cars in front of me. Luckily all was recovered. Unclear if this was related to what happened to the instructor or not.

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
I attended today's session. It was a blast! It was very well put together imo.

They shuffled us around a bit and I was in a pretty quick group. We hit mid 130s on the back "Straight." My car (Poor #6) ate a wall while an instructor was driving it to give a hot lap. Apparently it leaked some fluid and caused the car to lose control.

I had an issue with my brakes on my last session when braking on the back "straight" and my car did not slow nearly at the level I expected. I was the last in line. My pedal was jammed down to the floor so I had to do some evasive action off the racing line to prevent plowing into the cars in front of me. Luckily all was recovered. Unclear if this was related to what happened to the instructor or not.
Man I’m glad you came through ok….that could have been real, real bad.
Wonder why the instructor took your car for a hot lap. Are they running out of cars?

Sponsored

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
Man I’m glad you came through ok….that could have been real, real bad.
Wonder why the instructor took your car for a hot lap. Are they running out of cars?
Thanks me too. It would have been very dicey with liability and stuff too. A nightmare I'm glad to have dodged.

This particular instructor wasn't out for the lapping sessions so I think he hopped in to help out with demo laps and didn't have a car as a result.

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
No cost. You get memory stick of photos, a t-shirt, a certificate, a trophy, and some random swag.
Did you get the "chap stick" as part of your random swag ? I was humbled by that chap stick, finally gave it to my wife to open it with a knife. But I had a fun time driving.

ChipG

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chip
Vehicle(s)
'20 GT350/'95 F250/'65 Fastback/'96 Cobra Project
Did you get the "chap stick" as part of your random swag ? I was humbled by that chap stick, finally gave it to my wife to open it with a knife. But I had a fun time driving.
Hah, I think I may have but I haven't attempted opening it yet - I'll be prepared with tools! :)

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
2 more weeks for me to wait!!

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
There seems to be a big disparity in instructors. When I was there last year I was in the fastest group and we were mid to high 130’s on the backstretch. The group I was in had a former Gt3 driver, myself, and another guy that was either semi pro or pro at one point. When my buddy used my other spot this past May the pace of the groups was much much slower. Some for obvious reasons. Some of the hot laps were down as well. Not knocking the experience’s at all, they were just different. It’s professionally done, and it’s obvious they take pride in the school.

Sponsored

-RAC-

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
I am thinking about driving my GT350 from Indiana down to NC for this class. Might be a bit dicey with the weather coming back Saturday.

Last edited:

BostonDMD

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Paul
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HEP, 2009 Porsche 911 CS, 2018 Alfa Romeo Giulia Quadrifoglio, 2017 Alfa Romeo 4C, 2017 Jeep SRT, 1998 Porsche Boxster (race car), 2017 Audi Allroad, 1998 Mercedes GL450, 2016 Subaru crosstrek
I was in the fast group for the day and we got up to near 129 in the last session, so we were doing pretty well, but there was still plenty of letting off the throttle through the lap. Again, good fun, just for those who have tracked more don't expect a truly full-out lapping experience. I'll work on pulling the video together from my Track Addict app for the last session to share.
Agreed, nice parade laps even in the fastest group. If you try to push instructors, they get their feathers ruffled. If you have previous track experience or club race, you will not be impressed, but will get to beat up on someone else’s car…. (I am trying to be diplomatic)

Joe Mac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Joe
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT 350
Brian
Funny you should say that. When I booked the trip this past March, all I could think about is getting there, running the class and getting home.
Looking in my rear view mirror now, I’d find a way to stay an extra day or two just to try different BBQ hotspots.
Was working on retirement back then so it was not on my radar. I hate being rushed but that’s the world we live in.
If you guys can check out the Hendricks racing museum

Carbide

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brad
Vehicle(s)
2020 Race Red w/white stripes Shelby GT350
If you guys can check out the Hendricks racing museum
Unfortunately they have been closed to the public for some time now.