Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

sickem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Those who have already been to the track attack, what time did your day end? They advertise 5pm but I've heard some mention 4pm I believe? I ask because I am trying to see what flight I can book to leave that evening. My available times are only 6pm and 6:45, otherwise I have to stay another night, which is not ideal.

The flight at 6 is quite a bit cheaper, but if the day doesn't end until 5, then an hour is not enough time, especially given it would be rush hour.
Last week our day ended around 430. Probably contingent upon how many people in the group etc. Six is cutting it a little close but 6:45 is probably doable. Let the instructor know at the outset of the day that you have a flight on the earlier side and they will probably put you first in the demo runs etc.
Sponsored

Postal Bob

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bob
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350
Last week our day ended around 430. Probably contingent upon how many people in the group etc. Six is cutting it a little close but 6:45 is probably doable. Let the instructor know at the outset of the day that you have a flight on the earlier side and they will probably put you first in the demo runs etc.
Ours ended about 4:30 also. But it was waiting for all the demo laps to be completed that took awhile.
But I'm not sure you'd be able to leave early anyway. You are driving the car to and from the track, from the racing school garages. And everyone traveled together in a big line. Not sure they'd let you leave alone from the track, travel through the tunnel, and through the streets in between the school and track.
And back at the school you're turning in your racing jumpsuit and helmet to the instructors. And there is where they give you the certificates and your participation trophy.
Book the later flight to be on the safe side.

sickem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
Ours ended about 4:30 also. But it was waiting for all the demo laps to be completed that took awhile.
But I'm not sure you'd be able to leave early anyway. You are driving the car to and from the track, from the racing school garages. And everyone traveled together in a big line. Not sure they'd let you leave alone from the track, travel through the tunnel, and through the streets in between the school and track.
And back at the school you're turning in your racing jumpsuit and helmet to the instructors. And there is where they give you the certificates and your participation trophy.
Book the later flight to be on the safe side.
I was at old mecklenberg brewery (which I highly recommend) by 6:15 which is 30 min away. That’s after driving the cars back, buying merch for my boys and heading back to the hotel and showering.

Sponsored

460Fred

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Fred
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 (sold)
When I went last March I couldn’t find any later flights that I could easily make….stayed another night.
A lot of stress cutting it that close. I’d just plan on staying another night even though not ideal for you.

StangRS

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350, 2016 Focus RS
Thanks everyone for the input! I decided to risk it and fly out at 6:45 haha. I'd rather not have to stay another night and take another day off if I can avoid it. I'm really looking forward to it!

By the way, that bbq looks delicious.

68Stang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
1968 Mustang coupe, 2020 GT350 Iconic Silver
Thanks everyone for the input! I decided to risk it and fly out at 6:45 haha. I'd rather not have to stay another night and take another day off if I can avoid it. I'm really looking forward to it!

Have fun and give us an update afterwards!

sickem

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350

Yeah just let the instructor know at the beginning of the day that you have an early flight. They actually asked this to the audience a few weeks ago.

Sponsored

L3D FOOT

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 LFG 350R, 2010 Kona Blue GT500, 71 Bronco
Anyone going October 12th & 13?

I’ll try the barbecue for sure!

Broid

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2020 Shelby GT350
On the wait list for the last GT350 Track Attack in November...

anacar312

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
HEP R Chassis LR268
opps miss read that one

Where is this BBQ place at? How far from the track?
@calduke what was the second place we went to? Smoke Pit, right? Same as referenced above?

That is the BBQ place you want to eat at!
Sponsored