Sponsored

Official GT350 Track Attack Attendance Thread

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Anyone who didn't get the dinner part this year wouldn't miss it but it was a good way to start off the event when we did it in Utah. For that half the group was Raptor owners and the rest 350's. Made friends right away and it was a chance to go out & visit the facility & museum given the next day there was little time for that as we were class & track focused.
Sponsored

Dharri21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R HE, 2022 GT500 CFTP HE, 2022 Lightning
Vehicle Showcase
Just got my 350R 3 weeks ago and they said I could go to the Nov 2 Track Attack. Anyone else going on Nov 2. Seems like a great way to get away from all of this political bs.

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo
Just got my 350R 3 weeks ago and they said I could go to the Nov 2 Track Attack. Anyone else going on Nov 2. Seems like a great way to get away from all of this political bs.
I’ll be there a few days later.

stanglife

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
1993 Coyote Coupe
Just got mine 10 days ago...Guess I should have called.

FSU350

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
I'm scheduled for the Nov 2 event. I've got family in the area so tying a visit into the Track Attack. Looking forward to it!

Sponsored

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo
If I want to being a nice camera with me to the track is there a secure place to store it? Has anyone who attended brought any with them before?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
If I want to being a nice camera with me to the track is there a secure place to store it? Has anyone who attended brought any with them before?
They hire a pro photographer for day 1 - you will get a USB stick full of nice shots...or so was the case in Utah last year. IMO it would be hard to do anything other than whip out a pocket-able phone camera for occasional shots or better yet some videos. You're pretty busy as a driver aside from lunch & related breaks. Day 2 my back was starting to tell me to chill so I played photographer then for the later part of the day. Not as fun as driving.

Caballus

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
GT350
While at the track, you leave anything you brought with you back in the classroom, which is secure. You can also lock things in your car, which is also back at the classroom/garage area. If you bring a camera with you to the track area, you can leave it and anything else small like that in the pit garages during your time on the track. However, like @mrbillwot said, you really won't have time to use a good camera and they do a great job taking professional pictures. It would probably be best to stick to smartphone happy snaps. What is worth it, however, is a windshield mount for a dashcam or phone. I found Racekeeper to be finicky and wish I had brought my own back up option.

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
I found Racekeeper to be finicky and wish I had brought my own back up option.
[/QUOTE]

I did bring my GoPro w/windshield suction mount and had it all set up in the car for the roval. I stuck on it dead center and lined it up and thought I would be smart and use voice commands to start it and stop. So I'm in the pit garage strapped in nice and tight and get signal to start engines and all those voodoos crank up and there I am yelling at the top of my lungs like an idiot "GoPro start video!" Between the helmet and 3 or 4 Voodoos revving up I couldn't yell loud enough to start the darn camera and with my belts tight I couldn't reach it either. So much for my cool video during the first session!

Lesson learned: Start your camera before engine start then cinch your belts tight.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
While at the track, you leave anything you brought with you back in the classroom, which is secure.
I left my wallet & keys to the Shelby in the classroom... I NEVER do this. They said it was secure and they were not kidding.

Sponsored

JalxLuc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350R
Were you able to get a 2nd day scheduled in?

I called in to schedule the Nov 12 weekend (last one of the season until March 2021) as one spot became available but when I asked about opting to purchase the 2-day option she said it wasn't available, only the one day. Not sure how a 1 day spot is available but a 2 day isn't. But anyway, I canceled as I would rather wait for a 2 day event next year. This is for NC btw.

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350

I called in to schedule the Nov 12 weekend (last one of the season until March 2021) as one spot became available but when I asked about opting to purchase the 2-day option she said it wasn't available, only the one day. Not sure how a 1 day spot is available but a 2 day isn't. But anyway, I canceled as I would rather wait for a 2 day event next year. This is for NC btw.
Who ever cancelled the 1 day spot must have not booked the 2 day, that’s how is my guess

Evil_E

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350R KR293

The weekend of Nov 12th is not the last one for 2020. I’m booked for Nov 16-17

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
Not sure how a 1 day spot is available but a 2 day isn't.
It might be as simple as because the GT350's are owned by Ford not the school. They don't have use of them for the second day - everything they offer the 1st day for owners as under contract from Ford, but the driving guests and 2nd day is all on them & their school equipment only (race prep'd GT's). So a lot of cars (350's & now also 500's) in the paddock are Ford's which means the school might not own enough cars to offer the same number driving a 2nd day. At least that was how it was last year/Utah and the rest my deduction. In Utah the 2nd day availability of fully race setup earlier model Boss302's (that they sold off before the move east) along with their Mustang GT's made up for not having the GT350s usable on day 1 of 2.

Picture is one of my favorites I shot end of day 2.

20190716_151220.jpg
Sponsored