Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
+1 on the Track Attack experience.

Regarding the sign-up and the "1-Year" opportunity, I received my 2019 GT350 in May 2019 and the openings for 2-day events were full. I waited until Jan 2020 for the schedule to re-open. At that time, there was no mention of the 1-Year rule. They had no problem booking me for August 2020.

It was awesome! If you can, book the 2nd Day. It's well worth it.
Sponsored

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks
Great experience. Ford does an excellent job with the school. Talk about a cool stable.

1C21CC7C-A688-4477-BAA2-EFB65A569CC9.jpeg

7C9362BB-1056-445F-8B71-CA06B087CDE5.jpeg
Interesting how it appears all the GT500 have the gurney flaps installed, and the GT350's do not

mqu02

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Scott
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue GT350
I went last week, and as so many others have said, it was a great experience that I cannot recommend enough. All the attendees I talked to were great as well. Everyone was there to have a good time, and that's exactly what we did.

Interesting how it appears all the GT500 have the gurney flaps installed, and the GT350's do not
I didn't take a count, but I only saw a couple '19+ GT350's, which was the first year for the flap. The majority were '18 and older cars that were not designed for the gurney flap, whereas the GT500 was designed for it from the beginning.

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I went last week, and as so many others have said, it was a great experience that I cannot recommend enough. All the attendees I talked to were great as well. Everyone was there to have a good time, and that's exactly what we did.

I didn't take a count, but I only saw a couple '19+ GT350's, which was the first year for the flap. The majority were '18 and older cars that were not designed for the gurney flap, whereas the GT500 was designed for it from the beginning.
True story. But on the ones that could, I didn't see em'.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
+1 on the Track Attack experience.

Regarding the sign-up and the "1-Year" opportunity, I received my 2019 GT350 in May 2019 and the openings for 2-day events were full. I waited until Jan 2020 for the schedule to re-open. At that time, there was no mention of the 1-Year rule. They had no problem booking me for August 2020.

It was awesome! If you can, book the 2nd Day. It's well worth it.
Maybe I miss heard the lady I spoke with. Could have been I had to REGISTER within a year of purchase (date could be after the 1 year mark)?

Bugs

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jim
Vehicle(s)
2019 Shelby GT350, 1965 Mustang Fastback Restomod in GT350 livery
You would probably need to talk to the Track Attack folks for a firm answer, but my understanding is that this policy is like "Pirate Code"; it's actually more of a "Guideline". :sunglasses:

Inthehighdesert

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Charlie
Vehicle(s)
2020 HE GT350R, 2022 HE Gt500 Cftp
I asked them about that specifically when I was there and before I went. My initial schedule was April, but got cancelled due to Covid. They told me they were giving lots of leeway in the scheduling due to the Covid situation. I read in to it by the way she was talking to me that Ford had every intention on making the school available to those that purchased the qualifying vehicles. By the way the school is done and the facility it‘s pretty apparent it’s not a short term investment. Then again the cost is a pittance in the grand scheme of things for Ford as a company. I will say that every one I interacted with seemed to genuinely like the job and where they were.

Maybe I miss heard the lady I spoke with. Could have been I had to REGISTER within a year of purchase (date could be after the 1 year mark)?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)

Dang. Last week was when was supposed to be there & had to cancel out for family obligations. My best case substitution was a nice fall afternoon drive chasing my friends vette through twisty back roads and a late season ice cream stop. Not the same but still important to fit in fun.
Look forward to talking & hearing how you liked it. Cheers.
p.s. It's likely the 19+ were reserved for those who paid for a SC2 tire premium experience....course we get those at home ;-)

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
'19 Kona Blue w/blk roof & blk stripes GT350, 89 LX5.0 Sedan (Mustangs Past: 69's Coupe, Mach 1, & GT)
Dang. Last week was when I was supposed to be there & had to cancel out for family obligations/COVID concerns. My best case substitution was a nice fall afternoon drive chasing my friends vette through twisty back roads and a late season ice cream stop. Not the same but still important to fit in fun among all this isolation.
p.s. It's likely the 19+ were reserved for those who paid for a SC2 tire premium experience....course we get those at home ;-)
btw for cancelling, not like I had a choice really - my dad is an 80 year old stoke victim on blood thinners & respiratory issues, I was told I was disqualified/forfeited for track attack related to my VIN. So they're not that lenient. At least I got to go as a guest to Utah last year for 2 days with my brother in law....but damn that would have been sweet to be in the Shelby this time & host him.

Sponsored

1981Scrambler

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350 ‘16 Hellcat ‘18 Demon ‘80 CJ7 ‘81 CJ8 ‘83 CJ7 Laredo
Dang. Last week was when was supposed to be there & had to cancel out for family obligations. My best case substitution was a nice fall afternoon drive chasing my friends vette through twisty back roads and a late season ice cream stop. Not the same but still important to fit in fun.
I’m going in 2 weeks. Have not heard of a sport cup2 upgrade. Can you give more info?

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
btw for cancelling, not like I had a choice really - my dad is an 80 year old stoke victim on blood thinners & respiratory issues, I was told I was disqualified/forfeited for track attack related to my VIN. So they're not that lenient. At least I got to go as a guest to Utah last year for 2 days with my brother in law....but damn that would have been sweet to be in the Shelby this time & host him.
I thought if you cancelled with less than 30 days, you forfeit a rebook. But before that you're ok?

mrbillwot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bill
Vehicle(s)
I thought if you cancelled with less than 30 days, you forfeit a rebook. But before that you're ok?
I cancelled well before 30 days. For that you get back 90% of day fees paid (I paid for my brother in law as a guest - he & I split everything just like when I was his guest in Utah). So despite the cancelling in time and that there was a waiting list so no doubt it got filled I was told I am out for good. I hate 2020 - lost my awesome job and my once in a lifetime TA GT350 specific day. Oh well...could be worse.

To John (Scrambler) - talk to them about upgrades. I forget the amount - its one the order of $300 or dare I guess $350 a day more for SC2's....I honestly forget having passed on that knowing the cars exceed what I would be pushing them to do in a day of more training. Ditto with the track prepped race school cars I drove for the 2 days last summer. I know my limits and tire adhesion isn't it.

Last edited:

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
I went earlier this month, here in Oct. I saw both types of tires, others say that can't be, but I did. the pre-2019 cars has the SS (like the one I had for the day) , and the 2019 or newer had those "cup 2 ". However, I didn't think to look at the time, maybe those 2019 and up may of been instructors. All the cars had the correct rims also, the "Centipede" rims on the older ones, the "Vulcan Salute" on the newer. Despite me having the older car, and the SS tires, it had very good grip

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
They were a little tough on my guest cancellation.... but we had a weird case. We had family in that area we hadn't seen for a long while, so while my wife was at first going to go as a "non driving guest", which was to include the reception dinner before, once they cancelled that night before she was more compelled to visit family. I had to fight for the 90% refund as they said no due to cancelling only a few weeks out. I had to remind them the dinner was left as "pending" so once they confirmed the reception dinner was cancelled, that is when our request was made and if we knew sooner, we would of acted sooner. Odd thing is we only got 90% back, and even if she went and we didn't cancel,, there was no offer of any partial refund on her paid part for the removed dinner.
Sponsored

Last edited: