Sponsored

NCFlyer

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 HE
Attended the 1 Oct class and had a blast. What a great opportunity to learn and experience the capabilities of this car. Instructors were great and provided tips and pointers that definitely improved my ability to drive the car.
I'm an "older" driver that will probably never race my car but I do have a competitive nature so here's a tip that the instructors mention several times but I seemed to have forgotten: It's Not a Race!
In the roval I was able to keep up w/the instructor when # 1 (I know he was going slower for me) but when in the #3 slot the other two students were faster so the gap grew. There's nothing wrong w/this but I let my competitiveness take over which made me make mistakes on braking and hitting apexs, which of course, slow you down and get your heart rate up significantly if the back end gets loose. The takeaway is be smooth and remember what they teach you.
Second tip: Pay attention to the breaking drills and maximize the opportunity to learn what ABS feels like and where you find "threshold" braking. It will payoff in the roval sessions.

It's an amazing opportunity but can be a bit of an information overload if you're inexperienced like me so ask questions. As I mentioned, the instructors were great, there's plenty of them around, and also a few experienced students as well that can provide valuable advice.

P.S. The end of day ride with an instructor was fantastic! I thought driving the roval provided insight on the 350s ability but in an instructor's hand this car beats any thrill ride/roller coaster I've ever been on, simply amazing!

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
2019 Ruby Red GT-350 # K1989
You put into words my thoughts and experience as well !
:clap:

bendensez

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brendan
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350
Attended the 1 Oct class and had a blast. What a great opportunity to learn and experience the capabilities of this car. Instructors were great and provided tips and pointers that definitely improved my ability to drive the car.
I'm an "older" driver that will probably never race my car but I do have a competitive nature so here's a tip that the instructors mention several times but I seemed to have forgotten: It's Not a Race!
In the roval I was able to keep up w/the instructor when # 1 (I know he was going slower for me) but when in the #3 slot the other two students were faster so the gap grew. There's nothing wrong w/this but I let my competitiveness take over which made me make mistakes on braking and hitting apexs, which of course, slow you down and get your heart rate up significantly if the back end gets loose. The takeaway is be smooth and remember what they teach you.
Second tip: Pay attention to the breaking drills and maximize the opportunity to learn what ABS feels like and where you find "threshold" braking. It will payoff in the roval sessions.

It's an amazing opportunity but can be a bit of an information overload if you're inexperienced like me so ask questions. As I mentioned, the instructors were great, there's plenty of them around, and also a few experienced students as well that can provide valuable advice.

P.S. The end of day ride with an instructor was fantastic! I thought driving the roval provided insight on the 350s ability but in an instructor's hand this car beats any thrill ride/roller coaster I've ever been on, simply amazing!
Well said!! I was there on Monday and couldn't agree more. In my first session, I was paired with two guys that turned out to have lots of track experience; they pulled away from me when I was in the rear. I also found myself making mistakes trying to catch up. The instructor was great at providing feedback during the sessions to help me improve. By the third session, I was moving through the corners with the best of them and I had learned to trust the (insane) grip. The instructor ride was phenomenal and made me realize I wasn't even close to pushing the car to it's limits ;)

dive2deep

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Simon
Vehicle(s)
2017 F350 King Ranch Diesel for towing, 2020 GT350 Heritage Edition for going fast, Honda Clarity PHEV for commuting.
Anyone scheduled for Nov 13th session? That's the one I'm attending, and would be nice to make a friend before showing up. Can't wait. My good friend just cancelled as my +1 due to not wanting to fly yet. If there are any pre-onwned guys interested in that date at being my +1, I'd be happy to use my slot for you. Problem is, I think the guest driver only gets a PP2 Mustang, not a GT350, so there is that.

Sponsored

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
I missed my GT350 track attack, but am attending the GT500 one the week before you most likely!

GT30fan

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andy
Vehicle(s)
2015 F350 4x4, 2019 GT350 , work trucks

I was t

72&18

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
72 Mach 1, 72 F250 2wd, 18 GT350, 22 Bronco 2 Door
Well said!! I was there on Monday and couldn't agree more. In my first session, I was paired with two guys that turned out to have lots of track experience; they pulled away from me when I was in the rear. I also found myself making mistakes trying to catch up. The instructor was great at providing feedback during the sessions to help me improve. By the third session, I was moving through the corners with the best of them and I had learned to trust the (insane) grip. The instructor ride was phenomenal and made me realize I wasn't even close to pushing the car to it's limits ;)
Insane grip......so true.

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Nascar is going to be racing at the Roval next Sunday the 11th. I figured all of us who drove the track would like to see the pros run the same circuit we ran.

I plan on watching my in-car video laps, then see how much slower their cars are compared to my lap times.

What is that smell......?????????????
(Oh, its SARCASM)

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
They would "Black Flag" my ass before the first lap ! I wouldn't even qualify as "Traffic"....
:crying::crying::crying:

Sponsored

dpAtlanta

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350 (#K2503), 2017 Cayman
Ahhhhhhhhh... I remember it well. Top speed for me was 132 coming out of turn 2.
I will be eager to see what their top speeds are coming off of turn 2 .......... 90 - 100mph?

Same smell!

SL8888

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ray
Vehicle(s)
Ahhhhhhhhh... I remember it well. Top speed for me was 132 coming out of turn 2.
I will be eager to see what their top speeds are coming off of turn 2 .......... 90 - 100mph?

Same smell!
You have me beat, I had "Balls" enough to look at the digital read out and it was at 126 before braking and the 4th to 3rd heel-toe downshift. Only problem that time was I missed the shift and went, 4th to 5th. Talk about a "butt pucker" when I didn't slow down and got to the brakes hard..... Smelled the brakes that time......:whew: Hard on the Brakes at the "6", Downshift at the "3" Rookie....

Last edited:

09cs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 GT350
For those who attended recently, is there still a reception the day before? I just got my confirmation email, and they still mention it
Sponsored