Sponsored

Official: 2018 Mustang GT Has 460HP, 0-60MPH in Under 4.0 Secs; EcoBoost Sub 5-Secs

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
Just started a thread about this in the GT350 section of the forum. I think it's going to be hard to justify "because Shelby" in 2018.
I agree with nastang. The GT350 is going to be just fine. People who want a GT350 understand the tradeoffs they're making, and for one thing, if they were going to compare, they would compare with a manual GT (not automatic), which will still be half a second off from the GT350.

For another, the GT350 is still going to have better brakes, better tires, and that unbelievable Voodoo sound (though I'm going to be interested to hear the new 7500-RPM V8 in all its glory).

5.Oh Crush

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ra
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
I hear the sound of GT350 prices crashing.

In all seriousness, I think it's going to be hard for Ford dealers to move the regular GT350 during the 2018 model year without deep discounts. I wouldn't be surprised if the Auto GT with performance pack put up similar lap times for a lot less.
Doubt it. Because VooDoo, FPC, and it being the best looking mustang ever. :cheers:

likeaboss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Corvette Z51
sadly no amount of flywheel and clutch changes will make up for the MT-82 being a ripe pile. I dont want to move to an auto trans but its getting harder all the time ...sub 4 secs in a Ford with an auto...

currently rocking a 16 shadow black GTPP 6MT 401a
As a manual transmission enthusiast myself these new autos are making it real hard to justify rowing my own.

I agree with nastang. The GT350 is going to be just fine. People who want a GT350 understand the tradeoffs they're making, and for one thing, if they were going to compare, they would compare with a manual GT (not automatic), which will still be half a second off from the GT350.

For another, the GT350 is still going to have better brakes, better tires, and that unbelievable Voodoo sound (though I'm going to be interested to hear the new 7500-RPM V8 in all its glory).
I wouldn't be surprised if a manual 18 Mustang GT is slightly slower in a straight line, but very close lap time wise to a GT350 (non-R). Probably will get through a 20-minute HPDE session as well.

Doubt it. Because VooDoo, FPC, and it being the best looking mustang ever. :cheers:
Agreed, on it being the best looking to date!

Sponsored

LuckyJerk

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Michael
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Mustang AT
Great to near this!
Both the GT and Ecoboost get slight increase with HP and Torque (Eco only getting more torque) and the both get to their next sub bracket! GT under 4 sec 0-60 and eco getting under 5 sec 0-60 is pretty awesome!

Cardude99

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Sam
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ecoboost
Agreed with all the auto comments I have a 6 speed in my HC and it just roasts tires (I am by no means an expert driver). I love a 6 speed manual but I must admit it is getting real tempting to make the switch. Starting to be way too many positives to an auto to ignore.

The 18 is going to be an amazing car, hoping I can justify adding it to the stable. I would love an Orange Fury to compliment my Purple people eater lol.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
Great numbers. I had 460 on the poll. This revised Mustang is shaping up to be a real winner.:cheers: On a side note. I read C&D long term review of the Camaro SS. They finally admit that no normal human can overlook the Camaros interior flaws. Now that Ford has matched the Camaros performance. There will be no need to live with that horrible interior. It's going to be hard for the magazines to fawn over the Chevy now.:shrug:

Big Boss

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mazda6
Glad to see Ford really stepped it up on the power to put it right there with the Camaro.

That 0-60 time with the A10 is damn impressive!

Can't wait to play around with the build and price.

Sponsored

Rickycardo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT auto
So drag strip mode plus 10-speed auto plus Michelin Pilot Sport 4 S tires tells me the automatic is now available on the performance pack. :headbang:

berserker_sid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard GT premium
For sale: 2015-17 mustang. Pretty face, slow, perfect for your grandma!

(Sorry current owners, you had it coming! ):D
sorry break ur heart mate... 700 hp...pretty fast... perfect to whoop 2018.. hehhehe

Grimace427

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2011 Mustang 5.0

RocketGuy3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1, 2016 Cayman GT4
As a manual transmission enthusiast myself these new autos are making it real hard to justify rowing my own.

I wouldn't be surprised if a manual 18 Mustang GT is slightly slower in a straight line, but very close lap time wise to a GT350 (non-R). Probably will get through a 20-minute HPDE session as well.

Agreed, on it being the best looking to date!
After 2015 and the deluge of customer complaints and bad press, I thought Ford solved the overheating issues in the GT350...

In any case, regardless of lap times, the appeal of the GT350 will remain. That voodoo engine and sexy body style is half of the appeal of the car. Most people who buy it don't even track it.

If they WERE beginning to offer deep discounts on it, people would be wise to jump on it. That's a car that's going to hold it's value very well.

GTRacerX.

The Masked Racer
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Rex
Vehicle(s)
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium PP
2017 Ford Mustang Owners

For sale: 2015-17 mustang. Pretty face, slow, perfect for your grandma!

(Sorry current owners, you had it coming! ):D
Now that sounds like a pretty bold & stupid statement.
2015-2017 Ford Mustang are not slow and I doubt my
Grandma could get it into reverse much less drive it.

Stop the bashing you got your HP/TQ Numbers and
they are pretty good. The next few important questions
will be answered in time - How much $ and How Reliable. ;)
Sponsored