non-PP GT brake upgrades

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
It depends on who and where you buy the calipers from. Most take offs include that hardware and if you are lucky they include rotors and pads.
Sponsored

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
It depends on who and where you buy the calipers from. Most take offs include that hardware and if you are lucky they include rotors and pads.
The seller specified that the calipers are from a Bullitt red caliper swap and the anti-rattle clips and pins/bolts are not included. (I assume that he reused them along with the pads/rotors)

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I can’t say for sure, but they both look like quality kits.

Sponsored

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
I would get these based on your usage. From my experience they're up with the absolute best dual purpose pads that can handle a light track day but also have great road manners. They maintain their friction up to 1250 F, which is similar to R8/XP8 pads from G-LOC and Carbotech. Bite is very good too.

https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8828916&cc=3340759
https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=8828924&cc=3340759

https://www.brakepartsinc.com/raybestos-racing-performance/technical-information/performance.html
Shout to @Brian@BMVK. I bought these pads on his suggestion. I also decided to pickup their R300 rotors and start fresh so I can keep my track and street brakes separate.
After a bleed/top up with some more RBF600 fluid, it feels pretty good. I may at some point post a review of the pads & rotors as there doesn't seem many street options recommended apart from OEM and Powerstop. I wanted to try something different and something that can be quiet but can also perform well on the street and light track duty (tracksprint/autocross).

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
OP you are looking for PP2 wheels the PP1s will not clear the six piston brembo.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
OP you are looking for PP2 wheels the PP1s will not clear the six piston brembo.
That is not true at all. All Perf pack cars come with six piston brembos and have pp1 wheels. Hell we just put pp1 wheels on @Bluemustang's car last weekend and we did the brembo swap on his car.

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
come on man, PP1 wheels clear the PP1 6-pots have done so since day one!
GT350 brakes, no.

Sponsored

Rapid Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Greg
Vehicle(s)
GT PP2 RaceRed Roush> Steeda> preformance
Vehicle Showcase
I know the PP2 wheel will not fit the 350. And assumed the PP1 without spacers did not have the back spacing for the brembo.

So the PP2 has wider rims and the back spacing of the 2 platforms is the same?

All good

shogun32

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
'19 GT/PP, '23 GB Mach1, '12 Audi S5 (v8+6mt)
Vehicle Showcase
You should feel more comfortable now when Ryan takes those bends on river road going 100.
I'm never going to live that down I see. Yes I'm a scaredy cat I guess. Now he can do that at T1, 3, 8 and T10 on Summit Main and I'll be happy.

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
I'm never going to live that down I see. Yes I'm a scaredy cat I guess. Now he can do that at T1, 3, 8 and T10 on Summit Main and I'll be happy.
I guess there are less trees that you could hit and potential deer jumping out. I probably would have done the same to you lol. Never mind I would have definitely taken a corner at a good speed :giggle:

Bluemustang

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Base GT
What happened? lol Apparently I was the subject of a topic but I wasn't here lol.

To the OP - feel free to PM me up if you have questions. I have tried a few different pads when I had the base GT 4 pistons and also upgraded the rotors during that time. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
Sponsored