Sponsored

non-PP GT brake upgrades

Grintch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 GT PP
AS far as extra stuff, I'm looking at the JLT brake cooling vents...
Cooling/ducting while normally a good idea is mostly useless with the reversed cooling of the regular rotors.
Sponsored

SAY WHAT

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tim
Vehicle(s)
2016 mustang Gt
Cooling/ducting while normally a good idea is mostly useless with the reversed cooling of the regular rotors.
He should be fine if he gets those raybestos rotors, I think they have the correct design.

OP
OP
HourlyB

HourlyB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT premium
What happened? lol Apparently I was the subject of a topic but I wasn't here lol.

To the OP - feel free to PM me up if you have questions. I have tried a few different pads when I had the base GT 4 pistons and also upgraded the rotors during that time. I'll be happy to answer any questions you might have.
To be honest, I think I'll have more questions about the brembo set up at this point, but I will definitely send any questions I have you way!

XeninWorX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
KC
Vehicle(s)
2014 Mustang
Shout to @Brian@BMVK. I bought these pads on his suggestion. I also decided to pickup their R300 rotors and start fresh so I can keep my track and street brakes separate.
After a bleed/top up with some more RBF600 fluid, it feels pretty good. I may at some point post a review of the pads & rotors as there doesn't seem many street options recommended apart from OEM and Powerstop. I wanted to try something different and something that can be quiet but can also perform well on the street and light track duty (tracksprint/autocross).
how good do you find the pads?

I have a S197 and will be swapping to 4 piston Brembos next year and I’m looking for pads that have great bite. Strictly city driving and no tracking. People in my city do not know how to drive, don’t signal and pretty much don’t care about other cars on the road. So I’m having to brake quick.

I was looking at the Centric 104 series pads as they’re semi-metallic and read good things about them. I don’t care about ceramics as I don’t care about brake dust. The purpose of brake pads are for braking. Not how much dust you don’t get from them.
Sponsored