BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
18 S550 5.0, 22 F150 Tremor, 22 Expedition Stealth
So everyone. It was the "spare" fuse I borrowed for my circuit. When I installed the EBC, I didnt have an extra fuse with me, and in the user manual, 35 is a 5a "not used (spare)". I grabbed this for the add a circuit.

When I was troubleshooting, dumb as it sounds, it never crossed my mind to put the spare back in its spot. I literally had just wrote that off as a spot I didn't need to mess with for the time being. I have no idea why other than ignorance and the honest assumption that it was truly an unused spare fuse to be used if needed. I've done that in past vehicles in a pinch and never had an issue like this.

34 and 35 are both part of the run/start circuit. Crazy that it took me this long to find it, though I am so grateful that I did not waste the money to tow it to a dealership and look like a fool. Honestly will never forget the time a fuse caused me so much grief. Lesson learned.

1660594580506.png

/thread
Sponsored

luca1290

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Luca
Vehicle(s)
Mustang GT, Mercedes A250 4Matic (W177)
Read everything and watched the videos with great interest. Glad you fixed, it's a bad feeling when these kind of things happens.

ypena02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
@BoostKing so fuse #35 is mislabeled as not used?

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
So everyone. It was the "spare" fuse I borrowed for my circuit. When I installed the EBC, I didnt have an extra fuse with me, and in the user manual, 35 is a 5a "not used (spare)". I grabbed this for the add a circuit.

When I was troubleshooting, dumb as it sounds, it never crossed my mind to put the spare back in its spot. I literally had just wrote that off as a spot I didn't need to mess with for the time being. I have no idea why other than ignorance and the honest assumption that it was truly an unused spare fuse to be used if needed. I've done that in past vehicles in a pinch and never had an issue like this.

34 and 35 are both part of the run/start circuit. Crazy that it took me this long to find it, though I am so grateful that I did not waste the money to tow it to a dealership and look like a fool. Honestly will never forget the time a fuse caused me so much grief. Lesson learned.

1660594580506.png

/thread
Good find, glad it's now running again! It's an interesting result to say the least, who would have thought a "spare, not used" would cause that issue....

So I'm now also thinking as ypena02 is asking - is that fuse mislabeled in the fuse box, the owners manuals, and shop manuals? If it's a "spare", and "not used" one would think that slot has NO correlation to any circuit in the vehicle.

Sponsored

fmc_smt

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 gt , 2015 Escape , 2015 F250
Vehicle Showcase
Fuse 35 power side of the start relay .
Resized_20220817_051402.jpeg
Resized_20220817_051433.jpeg

Cobra Jet

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 EB Prem. w/PP and 94 Mustang Cobra
OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
Yeah. Leave it to me to assume the owners manual was correct. :headbang:

Good find, glad it's now running again! It's an interesting result to say the least, who would have thought a "spare, not used" would cause that issue....

So I'm now also thinking as ypena02 is asking - is that fuse mislabeled in the fuse box, the owners manuals, and shop manuals? If it's a "spare", and "not used" one would think that slot has NO correlation to any circuit in the vehicle.
I know. I called so many of my friends and they were all stumped. When I finally told them what it was, they thought I was crazy at first.

Gnatsum21

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Former: GT 21 Roush Twister Orange RIP | ECO 2016
Makes you think what else is mislabeled?

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Yeah. Leave it to me to assume the owners manual was correct. :headbang:

I know. I called so many of my friends and they were all stumped. When I finally told them what it was, they thought I was crazy at first.
on a side note are you still using the S257SX-E turbos on that sleeper kit?

Sponsored
OP
OP
BoostKing

BoostKing

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
on a side note are you still using the S257SX-E turbos on that sleeper kit?

Hey, yes I am. So far they are performing really well. Since these weren't offered, how did you know about them? Maybe I posted them? Not sure.

illtal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT
Hey, yes I am. So far they are performing really well. Since these weren't offered, how did you know about them? Maybe I posted them? Not sure.
You posted about then a while back...
I'm a Borg fan so I think I'll be running some borgs on whatever I do next. Likely EFRs .
Sponsored