Sponsored

BigRed550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium
Probably because majority of the people driving these aren't real enthusiasts like the people here. They just drive it like any other regular car.

I find unfortunately that there are a lot of tools that drive them. Most likely not enthusiasts either.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
It's funny, I used to get thumbs up from other mustang guys when I had my black 04 GT but I kept that thing so shiny and polished that could be the reason lol. I get more hate than fans, the last guy that complimented me on my mustang was at a gas station and he was a cop so obviously I was super nervous as he was looking around my car lol. He said "what all do you have done to it?", and i started naming parts followed by "carb legal of course" and he laughed and said he didn't care about that. He was cool though which is rare for cops around here. Mustangs around here seem to care more about who is louder than who is faster.

Robert3487

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GT
My new favorite is the new Camry's. Throw a few skirts on the car at the factory and these guys think it's fast now. :cwl:

I've been telling everyone this lol, I keep asking myself what salesman told these guys they are buying a sports car? I have these new turbo camrys come at me crazy all the time. 😅

Sponsored

The Demon

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brett
Vehicle(s)
2022 Mach 1 N5809, 2019 Mustang GT Premium PP1
Vehicle Showcase
It's funny, I used to get thumbs up from other mustang guys when I had my black 04 GT but I kept that thing so shiny and polished that could be the reason lol. I get more hate than fans, the last guy that complimented me on my mustang was at a gas station and he was a cop so obviously I was super nervous as he was looking around my car lol. He said "what all do you have done to it?", and i started naming parts followed by "carb legal of course" and he laughed and said he didn't care about that. He was cool though which is rare for cops around here. Mustangs around here seem to care more about who is louder than who is faster.
I agree with you 100%. Where I live in CA there are just some obnoxious cars out there. Mostly Challengers. I choose my exhaust to be subtle but when I get on it you know what I have.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
The heavier modded GT's usually get a wave from. Exhaust, bolt on's, etc. The average Ecoboost, stock GT, not so much.

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surrounded by clapped out ecoboosts with splitter support rods screwed into their bumper. I'm not going to enable or support somebody into further bad decisions.

Ewheels

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Eric
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT PP1, 2020 Explorer, 2023 F150
Vehicle Showcase
I'm surrounded by clapped out ecoboosts with splitter support rods screwed into their bumper. I'm not going to enable or support somebody into further bad decisions.
Most of the mustangs in my local area are not actual car enthusiasts or they're hard parkers. I don't want to wave at either

Sponsored

OrangePony

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT Convertible
Have had my Twister Orange GT vert for about a month now - the no waving thing is my only disappointment

PaddyPrix

Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
07 335is, 08 LR2, 13 Tahoe, 18 Mustang GT x2
Vehicle Showcase
Most of the mustangs in my local area are not actual car enthusiasts or they're hard parkers. I don't want to wave at either
My brutha from anotha mutha!

Not saying we're being elitists, but if you want my wave, you gotta work for it. Popping your hood, tossing an exhaust on, and talking about how you totally f'n waxed a dude from a roll just isn't going to cut it. Going to the track or strip and putting these things to work will. I'll even provide free donuts.

dps

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT350 Heritage Edition; 2021 GTS 4.0
I always wave to my fellow mustang owners - don't always see a response, but that is ok. I'm proud to be part of this community.

Last edited:

Takeshi

Threads
Reaction score
United States : Cali land of the $1 Gas Tax
First Name
Alias: Takeshi
Vehicle(s)
2019 Liquid Shadow 401A PP1 MagneRide Borla ATAK
I blame Silicon Valley bi-polars. I am too busy avoiding Toyota Prius weaving around 80+ mph or driving like a turtle in the left lane. Also don't get me started on those Tesla "Auto Freezing" on those turns. I get more compliments and waves for my car at in-n-out and costco gasoline :dance:.