No drill license plate bracket options

jefffrot

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT CS
I have been looking at a few different options for no drill license plate bracket for a 16 GT CS and I'm really not impressed with any of them. The Sto and show and ones offered by AM mount pretty low and I'm worried they could get knocked off easily. The Craig bracket mounts up higher but it only attaches with one bolt so it doesn't seem like it would be very secure. Any other options? I don't need one that is easily removed, I just want one that doesn't require me to drill into the bumper.
Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I have the Craigs mount. Easily removed and dont even notice the threads hanging down if its unmounted. It is very secure. That thing isnt going anywhere. Just follow the directions and your golden.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

DanielIvan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Triple Yellow 2015 GT w/ 50th Anniversary Pack
Vehicle Showcase
Any other options? I don't need one that is easily removed, I just want one that doesn't require me to drill into the bumper.
I'm looking into something similar myself. I just checked out the craigs mount you had mentioned. Since my bumper is already drilled into, the placement of this particular bracket doesn't make a difference for my situation. So unfortunately for me, I'm going to have to go Sto N Sho with a set of bumper plugs.

Good luck on your decision though!

Sponsored

CentralVA

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
SOLD !!!!
Does sto and go work with a PP front splitter? Thanks

stangbro

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT
Craigs custom bracket is very secure. I have it installed on mine and never had any problems even at 130 mph

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
Just a word of caution if you install the Cragis bracket when it's very cold out. I installed it in the beginning of Feb when it was like 10 degrees out following all directions. I even heated up the area it would be mounted to with a heat gun till it was 80 degrees. Three weeks later I walked outside and the plate was hanging face down held on by a small amount of adhesive still secure near the back of the bracket. Craig was great and sent me a replacement bracket right away but I will wait till warmer temps in spring before I install it again.

Sponsored

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
I installed mine in 45 degrees. I used a blow drier to heat the area. No issues for me. Did you heat up the area before adhesion promoter and before the sticky tape?

pstang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 race red on order
has anyone gotten their bumper tapped with craig bracket? You know no one can park for shit today. Wondering if someone bumps you while parallel parking will there be any damage.

TruBlue16

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dave
Vehicle(s)
2016 DIB Mustang GT w/PP
I installed mine in 45 degrees. I used a blow drier to heat the area. No issues for me. Did you heat up the area before adhesion promoter and before the sticky tape?

Yeah I was using the heat gun during the whole process of attaching the bracket and I hit it for a couple mins after it was attached too. Maybe I just got a bad batch of adhesive but I did follow directions to a T. We had extremely cold temps during those first 3 weeks, like around zero at night & high under 20 almost every day, after the install so that was probably it. I will wait till it's in the 60's to try again. Not a big deal looks great with no front plate for now and I have a great excuse if pulled over haha

highvoltage

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brock
Vehicle(s)
18 Audi A3, 21 F150
has anyone gotten their bumper tapped with craig bracket? You know no one can park for shit today. Wondering if someone bumps you while parallel parking will there be any damage.
I havent been anywhere that you need to parallel park and i try and park out in BFE. To avoid such situations. So no being bumped into and i hope it stays that way.

brokacki

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Race Red Premium Mustang GT Manual
for what its worth its illegal to not have a front plate where i live and i havent had a front plate since i got my car in june and havent been caught once. (been pulled over twice, they never bother to check the front)
Sponsored