Sponsored

No Bluetooth Audio

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Recently my phone has not been able to stream any audio over bluetooth to the car. This has happened on other devices as well. The funny thing is that it used to work all the time but now just stopped.

My phone shows as connected and I get call and messages just fine but in parenthesis it always shows no audio (even though it's check marked in the settings) and the MFT screen no longer shows the little music note highlighted in blue.

I use a HTC One M8 running Android running stock software (5.0.1). Any ideas on how to fix this? I've already tried repairing the phone multiple times and added the car as a trusted device as well changed the name on the phone (read somewhere that can help but it didn't work) :(
Sponsored

x_man586

Thank you Diatoms
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2016 Oxford White Mustang GT m6
Do the master reset for sync.

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Recently my phone has not been able to stream any audio over bluetooth to the car. This has happened on other devices as well. The funny thing is that it used to work all the time but now just stopped.

My phone shows as connected and I get call and messages just fine but in parenthesis it always shows no audio (even though it's check marked in the settings) and the MFT screen no longer shows the little music note highlighted in blue.

I use a HTC One M8 running Android running stock software (5.0.1). Any ideas on how to fix this? I've already tried repairing the phone multiple times and added the car as a trusted device as well changed the name on the phone (read somewhere that can help but it didn't work) :(
Hey ~X~,

I agree with x_man586. You may want to try a master reset and also soft reset your device.

Here you can find the steps for a master reset: https://owner.ford.com/how-tos/sync...re-updates/how-to-perform-a-master-reset.html

Let me know if that works.

Whitney

OP
OP

~X~

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang Ecoboost Premium
Wow, forgot to update this for more feedback.
Alright, so I did the master reset and it worked for all of 2 days and the went back to the way it was before. I have to keep resetting it to get streaming audio to work but got tired of it and just stopped.
Not sure if this is a sync or phone issue. Any suggestions?

Sponsored

FordIVTteam

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mustang
Wow, forgot to update this for more feedback.
Alright, so I did the master reset and it worked for all of 2 days and the went back to the way it was before. I have to keep resetting it to get streaming audio to work but got tired of it and just stopped.
Not sure if this is a sync or phone issue. Any suggestions?
I recommend contacting your dealership for service.

Whitney

Jmesl8er

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jamie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium, 1992 Twin Turbo 300ZX
Did it ever get fixed? Mine is doing it now. I have to delete my phone and then add it again, that works for a couple of days.

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
I'll throw my hat in, my 2020 just started doing this this past week.

m3incorp

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
James
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT Premium with Roush Phase 2, 2017 Corvette Z06, 2018 Subaru WRX, 2015 VW Golf, 2015 Ford Fusion
Could it be a problem with your phone and not the Sync in your car? What phone and what softwear version is it running?

I'll throw my hat in, my 2020 just started doing this this past week.

Sponsored

geep81

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Glenn
Vehicle(s)
2020 GT Premium
Could it be a problem with your phone and not the Sync in your car? What phone and what softwear version is it running?
Latest iPhone software, iPhone 11. I am tech savvy so I already tried unpairing completely and a master reset on the sync system, but it still did it again this morning. Maybe a bug in the latest software for iPhone?

baazooka

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Andrew
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT 6MT
Digging this up in case someone sees: Recently learned about holding power and forward skip at the same time for 3-4 seconds, some kind of reset, seems to have worked for me and you don't have to mess with the battery or fuses. Royal PITA before!
Sponsored