Sponsored

No Audio from Bluetooth and/or Apple CarPlay

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 SB PP 5.0
Been having a reoccurring issue with my 17' PP GT and the radio.

For some reason, ANY audio from my iPhone X will not play through the radio after a few minutes of driving. Wether it be through Bluetooth, plugged in through USB, and/or phone calls. Literally no audio. You can even see the music still playing on the screen! So i'm stuck there listening to the damn radio.

I just updated the software for Sync 3 last night, and my X is up to date as well, hoping there'd be a solution. The only (temporary) fix I've found, is restarting my phone, AS WELL as turning the car completely off (opening the door to shut the radio off all the way). Even then, that doesn't always fix it. It's also not convenient/safe driving down the road.

Is anyone else out that having the same issue? I tried a Facebook group post, and no one seemed to suffer like me. Any and all help is appreciated!
Sponsored

michail71

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT 401a A10
Have you tried deleting/forgetting the devices and pairing again?

I've only had my car for a little over a week but the BT connection has been stable.

OP
OP
semperfimarine2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 SB PP 5.0
Have you tried deleting/forgetting the devices and pairing again?

I've only had my car for a little over a week but the BT connection has been stable.
Yeah, I've done that. I've had the car for about 3 months now, and it's only been happening excessively for the past month. :shrug:

ODucksFan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT PP1
Yeah, I've done that. I've had the car for about 3 months now, and it's only been happening excessively for the past month. :shrug:
Have you tried a different USB cable and switched between USB ports? For some reason, the USB port near the vehicle start button randomly disconnects from Carplay so I always use the one in the console with no issues.

OP
OP
semperfimarine2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 SB PP 5.0
Have you tried a different USB cable and switched between USB ports? For some reason, the USB port near the vehicle start button randomly disconnects from Carplay so I always use the one in the console with no issues.
Yup, switched to the center console USB for a couple of days and it ended up doing the same thing. It'd work for a bit like normal, but then just started cutting audio out like before.

Thinking maybe it was the USB connections, I started just using Bluetooth whenever I drove, and the same fucking result! Audio would work for a couple of minutes (maybe less) and then just cut out completely. You can still see the music playing, incoming calls would show up, but no audio, and the radio/CD would work normally.

What in the hell could be the issue?! I just KNOW the day that I have to take it in to Ford, audio will work perfectly and they'll just tell me there's nothing they can do! :doh:

Sponsored

OP
OP
semperfimarine2
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 SB PP 5.0
Bump!

Just in case anyone has any ideas/tips before I head to the dealership! The problem still persists.

Whitewalkers550

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2017 mustang gt premium, 1973 mustang conv.
ever get this figured out? mine is doing the same thing
Sponsored