No BBQ tick video.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
I'm not expecting problems anytime soon. But if they develop, and the dealer says it's normal I have a recording of it without the noise to show what is normal. Only reason for the video.
That is a good idea. I think I will do the same thing....just in case.
Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Obviously it only masks the noise. It doesn't fix it. Ford still needs to figure out how to fix these engines!
If "mask the noise" means it provides additional lubrication to a critical area, then maybe it does fix the problem. Putting a blanket over the engine would just mask the noise, changing oil/additives/viscosity might actually "fix" the problem.

kidamer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 mustang gt 10 sp auto
Obviously it only masks the noise. It doesn't fix it. Ford still needs to figure out how to fix these engines!
if you dont hear it then its not contacting the metal anymore

UserName

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 718 GT4
If it has a warranty why not just drive the hell out of it and not worry what sounds it is making?

accel

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT PP
Sounds like we should all use Ceratec from day one. Or better yet, Ford should include it in the oil specs.
I wondered if Ithat would actually be a good idea to use it preventatively.

the question is - at what mileage it is ok to add, as antifriction additives are not good during break in. But maybe at around 2k miles, before the oil change it might be ok to start using it.

It might be not ceratec, but something more conventional, like mos2.

Last edited:

Sponsored

TomcatDriver

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Magnetic w/black stripes
Kind of makes me wonder about 5W-20. There is a big ongoing (for years) argument that the entire existence of 20 weight oil is all about US CAFE standards, which is why it is not at all uncommon for the exact same engines from a number of manufacturers to specify 5W30 or even 5W40 outside the US. There is a significant number of people who believe (not without good reason) that 5W-20 sacrifices significant engine life in order to gain 1-2% improvements in fuel economy. For example, Ford UK calls for WSS-M2C913-D, which is a 5W-30 for most oil makers.

brucelinc

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bruce
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT premium A10 (SOLD)
Here is mine. Cold remote start. Mileage is around 6000. I changed the oil to 5W20 Mobil 1 at 3000 miles. Where the video goes black, I am against the inside wheel well.

OP
OP
LSchicago

LSchicago

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Lloyd
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT/A 301A 5.0
I wondered if Ithat would actually be a good idea to use it preventatively.

the question is - at what mileage it is ok to add, as antifriction additives are not good during break in. But maybe at around 2k miles, before the oil change it might be ok to start using it.

It might be not ceratec, but something more conventional, like mos2.
Mine is probably good now at 800 miles. It was never babied.
Sponsored