Nitto NT555 G2

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Will add my .02 cents. Jus put 305/35/19 nt555 G2 tires on today. My Invos were pretty shot on the rear that I got from Need 4 Speed when bought MRR350 wheels. Thanks Paul still love my wheels
Ive only put about 100 miles if that since I had them put on. My 285/35/19 Invos still have half there tread left. I did notice a little bit of looseness in the car but not enough to make me worry. They chirp more than the Invos but they hook better so far. Will try to give a better review once i have more miles on them
Love the tread design though
Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
Went to the track a few days ago with the 305/35/19s and the best I could do in the 60ft with these were 1.82. However, most passes were in the 1.90-1.92 range. I thought I would try these out over switching to a NT555R setup to help keep tire cost down. For normal driving these tires are OK. If you get a little throttle happy they chirp on shifts. I also notice they squeal quit a bit when turning out of parking lots or side streets under moderate throttle. Any WOT action under 60MPH on the street these tires are up in smoke with the amount of power I am making.

I am really struggling here with the 19" drag radial tire options. The NT05Rs are NOT safe in the rain. I really feel that the NT555R is the best compromise for wet and dry action. Unfortunately, Nitto does not offer the 555Rs in a 19" option and I will have to move up to 20s to run that setup. That's a huge hit to the wallet to make that change :(

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Will add my .02 cents. Jus put 305/35/19 nt555 G2 tires on today. My Invos were pretty shot on the rear that I got from Need 4 Speed when bought MRR350 wheels. Thanks Paul still love my wheels
Ive only put about 100 miles if that since I had them put on. My 285/35/19 Invos still have half there tread left. I did notice a little bit of looseness in the car but not enough to make me worry. They chirp more than the Invos but they hook better so far. Will try to give a better review once i have more miles on them
Love the tread design though
The G2 is a better all around tire from specs compared to the Invo. Break them in a bit more and theyll become even better.

byklin

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Magnetic GT
how do the NT555 G2 compare to the toyo T1R?

Sponsored

TwinReverb

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT PP
Have had the NT555G2 for about 3 months and have put roughy 4K miles on them. Not as impressed with these as I was with the Stock Pirelli Pzeros or the BFGoodrich Sport Comp-2 tires I have had.

These tires squeal like crazy and can't get close to the traction the Pzeros or Sport Comp-2 had.
Kinda scary when you're used to tires holding better dry traction in the front and then they start to squeal and slide into a corner.
Also, annoying when you go to launch and the tires just spin up instead of hooking and mildly spinning.

The comparison I am making is to the Pirelli Pzeros that come with the PP cars and the BF Goodrich Sport Comp-2.
I had replaced the rear Pzeros when they wore out at 5K miles and the front Pzeros had plenty of life left.
The Pirellis in the front and the Sport Comp-2 in the rear was great on the street, strip and road race course.

When the front Pzeros wore out I also had a nail in the rear that caused me to have to purchase a new set of 4 tires. Decided that this time I would to go with the NT555G2 all the way around. The only reason I had not gone with the Sport Comp-2 again was due to a lack of availability of a 255. The NT555G2 tires seemed similar in design, treadwear, and price.

I thought it was just my initial impression and that they needed to break-in. well… tires have not gotten any better. Still squeal, slide, and spin.

These tires do perform nicely in the rain. Better than the Pzeros, which were the worst in the rain.
Equal to if not slightly better than Sport Comp-2 in the rain.

Other benefit to the NT555G2, these have the similar treadwear as the Sport Comp-2 but it seems like the Sport Comp-2 wore quicker but no where near that of the Pzero.

I believe I will search for something different than the NT555G2 next time. NT555G2 is a great tire for daily driving but the performance is lacking in my experience to other options.

Last edited:

Coyote Red

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Alan
Vehicle(s)
2016 5.0 Coyote Red
Vehicle Showcase
Nitto

My neighbor & 1st. client got these Nitto's recently. He liked them at 1st. but last time I spoke with him he had changed his mind.
tn_DSCN1222.JPG

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'm also not a fan of the NT555 G2s. They have a good looking tread pattern and look aggressive on the car. However, the tires squeal when turning, spin like crazy on the street, and generally do not hook up very well. Tire life seems to be good which was one of the reason why I moved away from a Drag Radial but the trade offs are not worth it to me. I need to find a better 19" tire...the drag radial options out there in the 19" range have extremely poor wet weather traction. Looks like I may have to dump my 19s and move up to a set of 20s and run the Nitto 555R tires. I think that tire is best compromise between traction, wet weather, and tread life in my opinion. Just wish Nitto made a 19" version of that tire.

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I mean thing is how are you guys testing these tires, their summer tires but not meant for hard driving. Its weird I know.

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
I'd love to know how some of you guys are driving with these tires! I've gone through some curves and turns at what I consider fairly high speed and pushed them as far as I'd like on the street and I've never heard any squealing or had any unpredictable behavior. They grip as good as can be expected of a street tire IMO. Also, these things flat out hook! My car is full exhaust, CAI, and flex tuned and as long as I don't dump the clutch these tires put the power down excellent.

I'm using 285/30/20 up front 305/30/20 out back and I run these around 36-38 psi.

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
I'd love to know how some of you guys are driving with these tires! I've gone through some curves and turns at what I consider fairly high speed and pushed them as far as I'd like on the street and I've never heard any squealing or had any unpredictable behavior. They grip as good as can be expected of a street tire IMO. Also, these things flat out hook! My car is full exhaust, CAI, and flex tuned and as long as I don't dump the clutch these tires put the power down excellent.

I'm using 285/30/20 up front 305/30/20 out back and I run these around 36-38 psi.
My problem is horsepower. 12psi of Whipple power will blaze the tires at any speed under 80mph. Like I said in my previous post I was looking for a street tire with better wet performance. I had NT05Rs and any rain on the road turned my car into a white knuckled death trap. I really want a set of 555Rs, which I've run for the last 10 years on high HP street cars. They are a great compromise for tread life, wet performance, and traction. The 555Rs don't come in 19" sizes :(

For me...the G2s don't cut it and the only thing I can compare them to is a drag radial.

ronnieb1958

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ronnie
Vehicle(s)
2015 Ecoboost Premium
Vehicle Showcase
I mean thing is how are you guys testing these tires, their summer tires but not meant for hard driving. Its weird I know.

i'm confused as well...how can folks have completely opposite opinions about a tire?...i live in southern cali, i don't have a heavy foot; i like to cruise, but i love the giddy up of the Ecoboost when i merge on the freeway...

so, given my driving style, what say ye on the Nitto NT555 G2?

for Paul...how do the Accelera Phi2 and Nitto G2 stack up against each other?

Jeff's FRC

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Jeff
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT
My problem is horsepower. 12psi of Whipple power will blaze the tires at any speed under 80mph. Like I said in my previous post I was looking for a street tire with better wet performance. I had NT05Rs and any rain on the road turned my car into a white knuckled death trap. I really want a set of 555Rs, which I've run for the last 10 years on high HP street cars. They are a great compromise for tread life, wet performance, and traction. The 555Rs don't come in 19" sizes :(

For me...the G2s don't cut it and the only thing I can compare them to is a drag radial.
There isn't a non drag radial or sticky track tire around that is gonna hook up with that kind of power! Lol

2morrow

DesignR/DriveR/RiceEatR
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Todd
Vehicle(s)
'16 Mustang GTPP
Interesting, The price seems really affordable. Can anyone compare them to the MT Street Comp? Or can anyone suggest a tire that has a 280-300 Treadwear for a similar price? Thx in advance.

Soonertim4

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2021 twister orange gt performance pack
Interesting, The price seems really affordable. Can anyone compare them to the MT Street Comp? Or can anyone suggest a tire that has a 280-300 Treadwear for a similar price? Thx in advance.
I am only speculating here. Owning nitto nt555 g2 tire and talking to the Mickey Thompson guy this afternoon. The tires are gonna be pretty similar
Sponsored