Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
2016 Shelby GT350 Tech Pack #G5531 Avalanche Grey
Thanks for that feedback cmylxgo, I'll be unhappy with $2500-3000 in tires/wheels and no better hookup. It'll look great, but that's not enough.

I'm concerned about the 555R on the highway and in the curves. "Semi" Radial doesn't sound great, but I know this is the gold standard for those of us with forced induction. I guess the 555G2's in the front and 555R's in the back?
Better option that way yes.
Sponsored

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
Thanks for that feedback cmylxgo, I'll be unhappy with $2500-3000 in tires/wheels and no better hookup. It'll look great, but that's not enough.

I'm concerned about the 555R on the highway and in the curves. "Semi" Radial doesn't sound great, but I know this is the gold standard for those of us with forced induction. I guess the 555G2's in the front and 555R's in the back?
That would be pretty good option to ensure you plant your rear end. We have a lot of guys that opt out for using the R compound in the rear and the non R in the front.

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
[MENTION=22941]gap4040[/MENTION] this is for a 20" application correct, what wheels?

Need4SpeedMotors

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.n4sm.com
First Name
N4SM Team
Vehicle(s)
S550 Mustang & Shelby GT350 platform
I'm in the market for some new skins. Finally had enough of the Zero's and not being able to really utilize the power of the Supercharger. P1 Roush, 3:31 gears. I have some 20X10.5 Vergen 9 wheels on the way. I'm looking at 315/35/20 rears and 275/35/20 fronts.

I've narrowed things down to these 555G2's, a lot of positive about the Continentals as well, then the Michelin Pilot SS. Net difference for the Nitto G2's vs MPSS is about $600. About $950 vs $1500 all in. Continentals are right there with the Nitto on price. Can probably beat either number by a buck or two, but a shop 200 yards from my house gets me really close.

I drive 50 miles a day, usually dry, but it rains in Houston. No track, not lowering, just spirited DD, county road pulls, etc. How much better can I expect any of these to be vs the Pirellis? Feather first, then 2nd gear effective without constant TC? After the wheel purchase saving $600 wouldn't be the worst thing ever, but I've always liked Michelin. I had a set of 315/35/15's on my 1987 Fox body GT. 15X8 Enkei wheels! Just a little bulge.....At the time those were steamrollers compared to the 225/65's it came with. Gotta find an old picture of that setup!

The 20" size does fill up the fender wells really well. Let us know if we can provide you with availability and pricing. :cheers:

gap4040

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Patrick
Vehicle(s)
2016 Black GT Roush SC
The wheels are Velgen 9's. I like to do hard pulls out of curves and push the G's a bit. The "drag radial" has me concerned. Will handling be at least comparable to the Pirellis?

Need4speed - feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk options and $

Sponsored

Paul@PKAUTODESIGN

The Wheel guy
Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
WWW.PKAutoDesign.com
First Name
Paul A.
Vehicle(s)
The wheels are Velgen 9's. I like to do hard pulls out of curves and push the G's a bit. The "drag radial" has me concerned. Will handling be at least comparable to the Pirellis?

Need4speed - feel free to shoot me a PM and we can talk options and $
Drag radials are more for a straight dig so for cornering it's not the best option.

The mpss is a good solid choice, conti dw another solid choice and of course the G2 as well

That being said it just comes down to allocated investment amount and also small adjustments so for instance if your lowere you need to adjust the back camber to allow that 315 to sit in properly. Each tire sits differently in width so those adjustments are dailed in for each specific tire brand.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
I have the stock (non-PP size) G2s on the rear now (235-50-18) and am not super happy with them. Yes they're better than the P Zero Neros but that's not saying much. What tire pressure would be best to try and improve traction a bit? I'm running them at 32 psi right now and the car is at stock power levels.

Sponsored

cmylxgo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT - Magnetic Automatic
I have the stock (non-PP size) G2s on the rear now (235-50-18) and am not super happy with them. Yes they're better than the P Zero Neros but that's not saying much. What tire pressure would be best to try and improve traction a bit? I'm running them at 32 psi right now and the car is at stock power levels.
Zero. They suck at every pressure. I’m bitting the bullet and buying a set of 20s and going 555R.

wireeater

Threads
Reaction score
Website
wheelwell.com
First Name
Rich
Vehicle(s)
Shadow Black 2019 Mustang GT Premium+ PP 6spd
You're not happy in what way?

I've had mine for almost a year now. Tread wear is great and performance is great. I've pulled .98G's on them going on the mountains with probably more left if I had a death wish. They are not a tire for launching though. My best for far on the strip was a 2.0 60 but shifting into 2nd I start spinning them again. I try not to drive them in the rain but when I have, no complaints either. I run mine @ 34PSI warm.

jdoug

Regular Guy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Doug
Vehicle(s)
2019 Mustang GT A10
They seem to break loose with any sort of spirited driving, especially from a stop, and especially if the road is the least bit wet. I know the car has quite a bit of HP, but even the stock Pirelli POS tires were better. I had 555s (not the G2) on my Mach 1 and liked them a lot.

cbass

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
God
Vehicle(s)
2015 400a A6
It's not the tires that suck, it's the size. You're not going to get grip with much of anything in a 235. I run a 305 and they do not spin from a dig unless I try to launch hard on the street in first. Two foot second and they manage much better.

bluebeastsrt

Oh boy
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
BigD
Vehicle(s)
Ruby red 2019 GT Premium.
LOL I agree. 435hp and a 235 series tire was just bad engineering. I also went to a 305. I'm real happy with the G2's.
Sponsored