Sponsored

nGauge PID Question

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
Ok. Here’s a couple questions - I know they’ve been asked before but wanted to see about more folks and more PIDs.

What is everyone monitoring daily?

What does the HP Fuel Pump % monitor? I watch this PID but not sure if it’s accurate / correct.For those that monitor this, what values are you seeing? Mine sits from 28-30 normally but under load it goes to 49.9 and stays there. I have no idea what this means.
I monitor STFT and Lambda, KnockR, spark * Btdc, IAT, cat temperaturethrottle position commanded in my round gauge, and KnockR again on my LEDs.

Hopefully someone can explain the HP Fuel pump %. I was hoping for an easy method to monitor my fuel pump /BAP.

Also, how accurate is the cat temp1 PID? Just started watching it but again, not sure of accuracy etc.

Thanks for your help!

10F51F7A-871D-471D-842C-13F3C142EB72.jpeg
Sponsored

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's the duty cycle of the pump, percent of time it is running.

I agree with solarflare on what to monitor.

Lambda will tell you if there is anything wrong with the fueling.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
It's the duty cycle of the pump, percent of time it is running.

I agree with solarflare on what to monitor.

Lambda will tell you if there is anything wrong with the fueling.
ok. Yea, I’m monitoring the STFT and lambda on the 4 gauge. Set up.
So duty cycle. What values should I be seeing?

many ideas on the cat temps?

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I have both lambdas go red at like .82 and above. And knock light up the 5 LEDs I think anything after +4 is red lights. So I don’t have to make sense of the numbers, if I look over and see red I let off, if not I keep going.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
I have my LED monitoring knock as well. Basically first yellow is +1 then +3 then +5. The greens are my negatives so I can when adding or pulling timing.
Your lambda is at 12:1. I’m assuming the “and above” is leaner then under wot. I’m running a little richer than that at .79.
What should the FP duty cycle
Run? Do you know how accurate the cat temp PID is?

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
The duty cycle on the pump will be on enough to keep the fuel pressure high enough to fuel the engine. Yours is at 50% at WOT plenty good. You don't want it at 100% Anything below 80% at full load is good.

Cat temp, the factory adds cooling at 1650 degrees.

Angrey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT350
I run the 6 pane setup and generally have knock, spark, IAT, ECT, and both lambda,

But I'd be very interested in learning how to properly set up the lights. Right now mine is a Christmas tree and I just ignore all the lights and observe the value periodically.

SolarFlare

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 CO GT
I run the 6 pane setup and generally have knock, spark, IAT, ECT, and both lambda,

But I'd be very interested in learning how to properly set up the lights. Right now mine is a Christmas tree and I just ignore all the lights and observe the value periodically.

While on the 4 or 6 PID screen click on the value you want to set up for. In my case knock, should take you to the screen where you see the value on the bottom and the lights across the top, you click 1 by one and a key board pops up to let you input. For example, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4. So if you doing a pull and it’s adding 2 degrees you’ll peek over and see green. If fuel is crap and you knocking 2 degrees off you’ll see red.

OP
OP
Torinate

Torinate

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 GT Convertible
While on the 4 or 6 PID screen click on the value you want to set up for. In my case knock, should take you to the screen where you see the value on the bottom and the lights across the top, you click 1 by one and a key board pops up to let you input. For example, -4, -2, 0, +2, +4. So if you doing a pull and it’s adding 2 degrees you’ll peek over and see green. If fuel is crap and you knocking 2 degrees off you’ll see red.
Here’s my set up for the LEDs.

7C220F99-4E8A-43DC-A53E-C7F78BFEAB33.jpeg
Sponsored