Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
-7 to -10 is very conservative. Add 3-5 to your base timing 3500 to redline @.80 load . You will notice that for sure :headbang:
I will get with Lund on that for sure. Is your car N/A? That car is flying for a N/A. Will beat a lot of blown cars.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
octanium is made by vp, its what we use / sell

zaquhree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 S550 GT
87 was put in to get me home. Gave it a little gas just to watch the gauge to see if the advance changed any… it stayed the same. Like it is tuned for it. I ran it up like passing a car. I would not WOT with low octane fuel. Again, I got it… you think I am a dumb ass!

This answer does actually make since and was very helpful. Does your car run -10 to -7 on advance? That seems very safe.
So you will see KR which shows advance or retard. A happy knock sensor (good fuel or sensitivity turned down) will show -6 to -12 part throttle and -2 to -8 WOT (sometimes more depending on how they lean on the KS activity). Anything -1 or more is good. a 0 or + .anything I personally do not like. Some people are ok with it but personally I don't like 0 because you're riding the fine line of knock activity.

Sponsored

OP
OP
Dntalman

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
So you will see KR which shows advance or retard. A happy knock sensor (good fuel or sensitivity turned down) will show -6 to -12 part throttle and -2 to -8 WOT (sometimes more depending on how they lean on the KS activity). Anything -1 or more is good. a 0 or + .anything I personally do not like. Some people are ok with it but personally I don't like 0 because you're riding the fine line of knock activity.
I figure it reading -2 to -4 would be safe and run good. Any advice on how to explain what I want to change to Lund?

yes N/A ... its been known to hurt some feelings :headbang:
Man, what does your car 60 foot? How much HP do you make?

OP
OP
Dntalman

Dntalman

Black Top Brawler
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
John
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT
Bolt-ons and stock suspension MT82
What does the car Dyno. Is there weight reduction? There are supercharged cars that run close to the times you run. You have a runner.
Sponsored