OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
Is there any downside to changing the injectors? Is this an easy job?
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I'm currently doing data logging on a 93 octane tune with a 2018 intake + Airaid tube and drop in aFe dry filter. I cannot believe the difference between 93 octane and E85 after running it for so long. I can't wait to get back on E85 again. Hopefully my next set of tunes have good fuel trims.

AZ18yote

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Bryan
Vehicle(s)
2018 Mustang GT Prem PP Magnetic
I'm currently doing data logging on a 93 octane tune with a 2018 intake + Airaid tube and drop in aFe dry filter. I cannot believe the difference between 93 octane and E85 after running it for so long. I can't wait to get back on E85 again. Hopefully my next set of tunes have good fuel trims.
Agreed night and day difference. I hate the occasional 91 tank for Maintenance. Every couple of months though no biggie. But as soon as e is back in there life is good again lol.

ChiTownStang26

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Mustang GT Premium ~2016 Mustang V6(sold)~
@ChitownStang

I got you brother if you ever need a hand, just buy lunch .

I dont think your going to notice any gains from the 18 IM untill your past like 6500 rpm, it will just pull longer into the 8k range without dropping off as fast as stock does. You may loose some low end grunt.

The lund FF tune will give you more grunt down low and a little more peak.

The E85 tune gives you what feels like a shit ton of grunt down low with the same peak as the FF.

More than welcome to come for a drive in mine when I swap my lu47s back in and flash the e85 tune (had the car stock for emissions then the world ended before I could go in)

Sponsored

OP
OP
ChitownStang

ChitownStang

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mach 1
Vehicle Showcase
@ChitownStang

I got you brother if you ever need a hand, just buy lunch .

I dont think your going to notice any gains from the 18 IM untill your past like 6500 rpm, it will just pull longer into the 8k range without dropping off as fast as stock does. You may loose some low end grunt.

The lund FF tune will give you more grunt down low and a little more peak.

The E85 tune gives you what feels like a shit ton of grunt down low with the same peak as the FF.

More than welcome to come for a drive in mine when I swap my lu47s back in and flash the e85 tune (had the car stock for emissions then the world ended before I could go in)
Thanks ChitownStang26, I may take you up on that. After all this advice form you and others, I also talked to Beefcake and Steeda. Like you said the only real noticeable gains would be e85, injectors, & manifold. Changing to Lund Tune, even Flex probably not worth it.
At this point I may just do step 1, the 18IM and the free Steeda tune, With the VMP harness that keeps the IMRC I can buy for $415 and with some help installing this would be a really cost effective upgrade that would help the area where this car falls on its face at mid-6k rpm .

zero_chance

Dismember
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
JD
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT Premium w/ Performance Pack
So, I need some advice, I'm looking for the next safe step to get a little more power for around a grand total installed.
Right now I have a 15gt manual, with a Steeda Tune, CAI, and Borla Catback. Car runs great, idles perfect and I really have no complaints other than I've gotten used to it and want a little more without problems. more Low end torque and some more balls up top at high RPM's, it seems to die off. Headers are not an option, too loud.
Here's the options \ I'm looking at and need feedback on.

1- Lund Flex Fuel Tune (will I notice difference over my Steeda Tune?)
2- 18 manifold with a Tune Steeda will send me for free, (they said not to port manifold since they don't tune for this?)
3- 18 manifold + injectors with Lund Flex Fuel Tune ( I know this will net the most power but how much work am I going to have to do to make this all run properly)

Thanks in advance for your help
Having been all over and back again, where you’re at there’s nothing a thousand dollars will get you that will feel worth it. Save and go FI.
Sponsored