Sponsored

17 S550 next steps...

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Hey guys, I currently have a 17 GT with a Roush CAI Ngauge and Lund performance tune with MBRP street cat back, what is next? Longtubes? GT350 IM? Not sure what would be most beneificial next. Any input? Thanks guys! :ford:
Sponsored

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Long tube headers for sure with a tweaked tune for those.

Wheels/Tires/Suspension would be another set of options too.

kluke15

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kenny
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mustang GTPP
1. long tubes
2. tires
3. springs

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I currently have an airlift setup on stock pp wheels, I want to do the stop the hop kit from Steeda and upgrade to some better tires in the near future. Just doing some research on if Steeda is the way to go or BMR, so many decisions lol. Thanks for the response guys!

Chad11491

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Lightning Blue GT Premium PP
I'd do longtubes. Wait and see where the 18 IM lands for people performance wise and see if you'd like to do that vs gt350.

for suspension i've had both BMR and Steeda's IRS kits and prefer steeda by far. No NVH and less hop. I had noticeable harshness comparatively with the bmr kit.

Sponsored

bunk22

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chris
Vehicle(s)
2015 Mustang GT Premium Auto
I agree with the others unless you have an auto, then IMO, aftermarket tq converter. Best mod I did but of course my stock one failed at 16k miles so it was either another stock converter or aftermarket. I chose a Circle D 4c. If a manual, ignore me :)

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
I have a 6 speed sorry lol, so it looks like I’ll be looking into a set of headers. I have a MBRP street 3” cat back now. I’m looking at the MBRP catted 1 -7/8 headers from CJ’s. Any thoughts? I’m hoping it’s not obnoxious lol. I hear people saying how loud there car is when they throw headers on it.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
I have a 6 speed sorry lol, so it looks like I’ll be looking into a set of headers. I have a MBRP street 3” cat back now. I’m looking at the MBRP catted 1 -7/8 headers from CJ’s. Any thoughts? I’m hoping it’s not obnoxious lol. I hear people saying how loud there car is when they throw headers on it.
Catted headers help with the noise and rasp a little but you need a reasonable catback behind it. I'm not sure how the MBRP sounds with headers. That's the whole reason I went with the Corsa Sport. It's still pretty loud. Gets brutal when I really go WOT, but it's civil when i want it to be and sounds good.

Headers will increase volume a ton, and the cold start on a stock tune is brutally loud. A tune can help fix that which it did for me with Lund.

OP
OP
Duffie112

Duffie112

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S550
Gotcha, my cat back isn’t crazy loud now, it does get a bit louder when your WOT but it’s still tolerable, I guess there is only one way to find out lol. Now the question is how does the catted headers do with inspections? Does it pass? How are you guys getting around that? Thanks for all the input guys!!

Sponsored

twistedoctane

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Ryan
Vehicle(s)
2016 Guard Metallic GT Auto
I have the steeda IRS kit and love it. No added NVH. Just as good as 'go fast' parts in my opinion.

beefcake

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Ford Mustang
long tubes and mani, let me know if you need help with anything or selection

tj@steeda

Diamond Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Timothy
Vehicle(s)
2019 Steeda Mustang - White Carbon Edition
Vehicle Showcase
I currently have an airlift setup on stock pp wheels, I want to do the stop the hop kit from Steeda and upgrade to some better tires in the near future. Just doing some research on if Steeda is the way to go or BMR, so many decisions lol. Thanks for the response guys!
Happy to help when you make your decision - some good feedback from the members below - if there any questions I can help with, don't hesitate to ask.

Best Regards,

TJ

gameovergt

Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kevin
Vehicle(s)
2022 Ford Mustang GT California Special (A10)
Vehicle Showcase
Steeda suspension is great so far. CJ Pony Parts steering wheel also made car more fun to drive.

Zelek

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Matt
Vehicle(s)
2021 Mustang Mach 1
Gotcha, my cat back isn’t crazy loud now, it does get a bit louder when your WOT but it’s still tolerable, I guess there is only one way to find out lol. Now the question is how does the catted headers do with inspections? Does it pass? How are you guys getting around that? Thanks for all the input guys!!
I have two tunes, one with the rear sensors off and one with them on. I'm currently running the tune with them on and still have no check engine light. It's been about 6 months now running that tune.

Inspection is all based on where you are. Where I am in Texas in Williamson county, there's no emissions, no visual, just safety inspection. I have to be able to pass the OBDII test on startup and with the rear O2's off, you fail instantly. I run catted headers more for the rasp reduction and the possibility of having to do visual inspections or an emissions test in the future if anything changes. We're talking negligible horsepower differences between both catless and catted.

If you have visual inspection, definitely go with the cats.
Sponsored