New to me GT350 - bought on May 15th 2023 from Ford - Tons of issues -

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
It's worth asking if the car is in the shop for an extended period of time. They will never say yes if you don't ask.

sublime1996525

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Race Red GT350
Well, at least you have a warranty, and you can leverage that in case you need to bail out on the car. I would never own a GT350 without any warranty. Ever. I considered one at one point, but decided against it.

Good luck!
Different strokes I guess. Mine has been out of warranty for a little while now. No concerns. Runs great.

OP
OP
Dbrabas

Dbrabas

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Robert
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang GT PP1
I have (and still do) work for a dealership. I guess my concern here is more of a common sense one. After the first balance and proper test drive, it should have been determined that it wasn't addressed.

I'm not sure I understand the logic on the alignment to address the vibration but whether or not it did fix it, again, after the test drive following the alignment and re-balance, it should have been observed that the problem was still not resolved.

It just seems like, whether or not the technician has a good intuition and feel of the nature of the vibration, the follow through isn't there and the OP is left to make multiple subsequent trips to address it.
That's what i'm frustrated at, i even told the service adviser "it feels like a bad drive shaft"
his response was "I don't think it's a drive shaft" so...i guess i just don't feel fair paying the first month but what do i know. But you are definitely spot on. And why didn't they check the whole car while they were waiting on the springs.

TnWHTMARE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Mustang 5.0
Vehicle Showcase
That's what i'm frustrated at, i even told the service adviser "it feels like a bad drive shaft"
his response was "I don't think it's a drive shaft" so...i guess i just don't feel fair paying the first month but what do i know. But you are definitely spot on. And why didn't they check the whole car while they were waiting on the springs.
I think there are multiple factors that play into this issue. One of them is that there are many "technicians" that simply aren't. A percentage of them in my experience are part hangers and have very little mechanical "intuition" or even just a simple curiosity to understand how things work.

You also have the pressure from the dispatcher or the service advisor to get it in and get it out.

None of this is justified but it all adds up to a generally, non-thorough, experience. Sometimes you can get lucky and get one of the good techs but for every good one, there are probably 5 low experience/low motivation ones.

Sponsored

WItoTX

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Kyle
Vehicle(s)
'17 GT350
So not a ton of issues, just one, stupid issue that the tech's computer didn't tell them to check. And from how you describe it, it does sound like drive shaft. The factory drive shaft sucks. Floppy, clunky, and definitely makes too much noise.

Also, if the previous owner stuck in the wrong springs, there is no telling what other half ass shenanigans have been done to it.

Blwnsmoke

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Brian
Vehicle(s)
2018 GT350
Advice (owned a 2020) get the car straight with the Dealer and Ford and sell it ASAP - hopefully the warranty is transferrable.

Had a friend who wanted to purchase a 2018 out of warranty and tried to find a 3rd party warranty company to sell him a policy because Ford refused to sell him an extension- and all three companies he contacted told him - NO …!!!
That's BS, you can buy an extension through a Ford dealer. There are no exclusions except too old or too many miles. The cut off is around 8 yrs old and 120k miles.

Here you go, I put in a 2015 gt350 with 118000 miles and here is what is available through Ford.

Screenshot_20230602_180542_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20230602_180553_Chrome.jpg

K4fxd

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Dan
Vehicle(s)
2017 gt, 2002 FXDWG, 2008 C6,
I'd like to know what web site you are using. I tried adding my 17 with 65,000 and it said too many miles for a plan.
odom.png

526 HRSE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 GT350 Grabber Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Bought mine used with an 8 year 3rd party warranty from Endurance. Only cost me $2500 through dealer.

Sponsored

wingnutt

Threads
Reaction score
MN, FL, WI, MO, KY, TN, CO, TX, CA, WA, TX again
First Name
michael
Vehicle(s)
350R avalanche gray
Different strokes I guess. Mine has been out of warranty for a little while now. No concerns. Runs great.
this times eleventy…so many yahoos on here like to say, “I would never _____” and those of us that would, reap the rewards 🙃

mine was out of factory warranty the month after I bought her, and was a few months past being eligible for ESP…and here we are, 40 THOUSAND miles later 😉

passwords

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Colin
Vehicle(s)
‘19 GT350R & ‘19 ZL1 1LE
Well, at least you have a warranty, and you can leverage that in case you need to bail out on the car. I would never own a GT350 without any warranty. Ever. I considered one at one point, but decided against it.

Good luck!
1685761624667.gif

snakeyes

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Chaz
Vehicle(s)
2021 Shelby GT500, Performance Blue, Black stripes
It wasn’t my first hand experience- it was what another person told me with whom I have no reason to disbelieve.

But then there are those that know everything about everything yes Eisenstein’s all around us - “we are blessed…🤣” Seems this forum has their fair share of them. Internet Intellectuals 🙄

noac

Threads
Reaction score
First Name
Tom
Vehicle(s)
Mustangs
I’d get your $ back and move on. Maybe get a new Mach 1. Seems like dealers are selling these for around 5k under sticker.
Sponsored